Chevy's Lookin Good.....lol

-
Chevy 350, 45 years of experiences with them very few good ones except junkyards full of them for parts. The Alex Rodigrues of engines.

Thread title is "...lookin' good..." and NO PICS ???

Chevy 350, 45 years of experiences with them very few good ones except junkyards full of them for parts. The Alex Rodigrues of engines.

Then you were doin somethin wrong.

We got a bucket load of rain today from Fred. Probably more tomorrow. Truck ain't goin nowhere. Yet.

Scientifically proven that a 7/10 ratio of waist to hips is what most men find attractive.

I'm actually more of a 7/11 or 6/10 guy myself.

...and I've seen that truck in the background of another shot.

If it's the one I'm thinking of, I like that body style.
(1967-72)

Not sure when someone applied the "glamour era" moniker, but I don't care for that.
What makes them glamorous?
I do know that those years did not offer a crew cab or even extended cab.
gm was WAY late to that party.
Dodge and ford offered crew as early as 1964.
gm was 1973.
Extended was 1970 (IIRC) for ford and 72 for Dodge.
gm didn't get that until the 1990's IIRC.

Alright. Here you bees. The truck's way better than it looks. Been sittin up a while and has that funk all over it.
IMG_20210817_231417.jpg
IMG_20210817_231553.jpg

.....and I'm gonna get the front of the block painted to match the top end too. It'll look a lot better once that's done.

Yep.

I used to want one of those real bad.

There was a high end mustard yellow and white one across the street from where I lived as a child.

...and I got to drive a C-20 "longhorn" extended bed fleetside 366 (IIRC) 4 speed once.
That was fun.

...and I had a friend that had a fleetside long bed with a 454. Also fun.

Didn't you say that was a factory 396 truck?

But the first time I saw a LRE, the desire for a 67-72 chevy faded real fast.

Yep.

I used to want one of those real bad.

There was a high end mustard yellow and white one across the street from where I lived as a child.

...and I got to drive a C-20 "longhorn" extended bed fleetside 366 (IIRC) 4 speed once.
That was fun.

...and I had a friend that had a fleetside long bed with a 454. Also fun.

Didn't you say that was a factory 396 truck?

Oh no. It's a small block truck. Maybe you've seen me talking about the 70 402 I have under the work bench. Called it a 396 a time or two I'm sure. Same difference essentially. I'm not sure this is even the right engine for the truck. It's just something old and cool for him to knock around in.

But the first time I saw a LRE, the desire for a 67-72 chevy faded real fast.

Yeah, they are both cool. I've always liked the Chevy trucks....pretty much all of them up to 87. I like everything old and American. I caint say it enough. lol

That's one of the few things I disagree with Larry Shepard about. He talks over and over again in the MP engine book about how the Chrysler small block is cheaper to build and it's just not. I don't know that it ever had been. I've always wondered how he figured that. I got him on Facebook.....maybe I'll ask him. lol
Maybe he means in terms of "bang for the buck" as in sink the same amount into each and you get more HP from a Chrysler.

small town im in,..bout 2800 people,...know of a 70 402 a 69, 396,..one buddy got 3 did up sb an bb,..hell the woods are full of them around here!!! but dont see hardly any D150s!!! mine only daily driver in this one horse town....

Little more progress. Water pump, exhaust hooked up. Got a new alternator and bracket set comin.

IMG_20210820_162442.jpg

-
Back