Chree of ebay and the 750 base plates

-

MOPAROFFICIAL

Oogliboogli
Reaction score
I bought one. It was 109 bucks.
I've bought carb base plates off ebay before with good luck, last was a 1050 plate.
Well... turned out to be ****. You can wiggle the throttle shafts around, in and out...even had a lil nik on one barrels edge.
Returning it today.
Some will say "thats why I buy from the manufacturer "...well...ive done that too and received something that looked like it was hit with a crowbar 3 or 4 times after being tossed down a concrete staircase and barfed out of a woodchipper.
Quality control is **** these days..
Best of luck to you all when buying carb base plates...you'll need it.

QC?

Wasn't too long ago someone posted a picture of an EFI body with the fuel inlet full of metal shavings

QC?

Wasn't too long ago someone posted a picture of an EFI body with the fuel inlet full of metal shavings
As a sanity check... can you tell me this... is the throttle shaft supposed to have play up n down and side to side.. ?
Is there the teflon ribbon or some seal to keep it from habe issues with idle speed variations after on n on wot ?
Last I checked there were bushings that had about a .00025 clearance

As a sanity check... can you tell me this... is the throttle shaft supposed to have play up n down and side to side.. ?
Is there the teflon ribbon or some seal to keep it from habe issues with idle speed variations after on n on wot ?
Last I checked there were bushings that had about a .00025 clearance
No, to the best of my knowledge you are correct on the bushings...and I think those tolerances are imperative to having a clean idle

We are in trouble , it's getting hard to find a cheese burger that doesn't look like it's been sat on.

-
Back