Christmas Gift Help?

-

Small Block

Reaction score
The wife has ask me what i want for Christmas and i'm sure i can come up with a list with the help of my friends here so chime in and give me some suggestions to put on my list. I've thought of things like a new creeper, those metal forming tools from Eastwood, even a case of rolled shop towels so this should maybe be things for the shop. Any ideas ? Some i will have and will let you know when you post but it is getting late so hurry. Santa is coming and i can hear the reindeer and taste the reindeer jerky. LOL

Already got em GT. Any ideas on something for Vic? On him it should be something for his 66 barracuda as he has the use of all my shop so he don't need any shop stuff. Or maybe he does. A case of rolled shop towels. Now i'm using my head for something besides a hat rack.

Here's one of my favorite gifts as a car guy to get. You don't realize how helpful these things are or ones similar.

nuts and bolts kit 2.gif

Wagon: Great idea but i have got maybe 300 of those bens already and they aren't full yet. Nothing like being organized. Keep em comin guys.

Wagon: Great idea but i have got maybe 300 of those bens already and they aren't full yet. Nothing like being organized. Keep em comin guys.

We have a store here that you can buy nuts and bolts by the pound. Button head allen, socket head allen, black oxide finish or stainless, washers of every kind, along with all the different kind of nuts. Buy a handfull of each size and fill them bins, or just dump them in the christmas stocking. Lol

445: It's already on the way. See the thread "Help in Des Moines" in General Discussion.

Demon seed: I've got two 1/2" clicker and two 1/4" clicker torque wrenches. Like i said. I've been looking at the Eastwood tools a bit. Already have the plasma cutter the wire feed, stick, cutting torches X 2. I've got it.....how about a lift.....but i guess i need a bigger building to put it in. Always a snag somewhere.

How about a creeper seat, a roll around work cart, or depending on how much money she plans to spend car lifts are nice to have.

The wife has ask me what i want for Christmas and i'm sure i can come up with a list with the help of my friends here so chime in and give me some suggestions to put on my list. I've thought of things like a new creeper, those metal forming tools from Eastwood, even a case of rolled shop towels so this should maybe be things for the shop. Any ideas ? Some i will have and will let you know when you post but it is getting late so hurry. Santa is coming and i can hear the reindeer and taste the reindeer jerky. LOL

Bill,
Come up here and look around. I'm sure you will see a couple items you can put on your 'want list'. LOL
Dallas

FS1: I've got two roll around carts and 2 creeper seats with trays below and the lift will have to come after the add on building.

Dallas: I'm going to get up and see you as soon as i can. I need to get up and see Kevin and take him a truck unless he's given up.

Bill how about an english wheel? I was given 1 for helping someone out and I thought that it would mostly be a dust collector but I use it way more than I could have ever imagined. Or, you might already have 1 but if not you gotta ask for a drill Dr for resharpening bits. worth its weight in gold!!

What to get for the man who has everything????

A pair of Mechanix gloves with the little LED lights built in ...

Caswell Plating's new chroming kit (very cool) or cadmium plating set up ...

Huge new blasting cabinet ... oops, wait, this is supposed to be YOUR Christmas list. My bad!!! :-D

Garage floor refinishing kit (make that new creeper move at light speed and easy clean ups later) ...

Sounds like Vic could use a AAA membership (about fifty bucks a year) ...

Or, if Mrs. Santa wants to be very bad: Pole dancing lessons ... keep ya BOTH "in shape" (so to speak).

But you probably already have all of that too. LOL

CudaChick

Have you used Caswell's Chrome Plating Kit? I've been thinking of getting one for a while but the only testimonials I've seen are on Caswell's site ... probably not totally objective.

Small Block,

How well equipped is your shop? How big?

Air Compressor

Welder

Shop Vac or Centralized Vac

CudaChick

Have you used Caswell's Chrome Plating Kit? I've been thinking of getting one for a while but the only testimonials I've seen are on Caswell's site ... probably not totally objective.

No, I haven't -- I just saw it in their catalog for the first time a couple months ago. It's one of those things on my own "well, maybe someday" list that ranks somewhere below the huge azz blast cabinet. LOL

Demon seed: The wife already is concerned as to the amount of time i spend out here. This last week she had another sat. reciever hooed up so we wouldn't interfer with each others programming. Lets see, i have the computer here, the am/fm cassete CD changer with four speaker so she will probably want the big screen in the house first.

GT: I've got 5 air compressors including the 3 company portables for nail guns. Two big boys for the shop. Got plenty of welders and shop vacs. The current shop including paint booth is a modest 56' x 30 ' with the attached engine room. This joint is heated with air for the summer time.

Where in the world is MeMike?

Leanna: The blasting cab is big enough to fit 4 wheels in at one time. The floor paint is setting on the shelf so just got to find time to clean this stuff out and get her done. Last i saw one of those poles there was some pretty light ladies swingin on em and those wont be big enough for Vic. I dont even want to do a visual on that one Leanna. Now you tell me would you rather have a AAA membership for $50 or a $1.89 can of black pepper. Those coating things sound nice but i already know someone in the coating business. It's a lady.

Badawg: Now we're barking up the same tree. Those body working tools would be nice. I was looking at em the other day in the Eastwood book. I need more room. Keep those ideas comin.

Sounds like you're about set for tools and shop supplies. How about stuff for car(s)? Tires, wheels, carb, efi, intake, headers, cam, etc

I always like a good quality pair of wire stripper/crimper. I have several pairs but only one is up to par for real work. I prefer Kleins if I have a choice. Also a good Connector selection is a nice gift.

Hell, I never have any trouble coming up with a list for me. The problem I have is getting something for my wife. This girl is to practical. She has no interest in jewelry or perfume, cloths are out of the question they always get taken back, not interested in a day at the spa. One of my relatives suggested plane tickets to somewhere warm. If she wants to go somewhere warm I, I can take her downstairs and turn on the fire place. Still have a few days left to think of something.

How about an ultralight so you can cruise around the countryside looking for cars to buy.

-
Back