Christmas movies

-

DodgeLad

Skipped the Light Fandango
Reaction score
Love 'em
Watched the 1938 'Christmas Carol' last night again. Hard to top.
Finally got to watch 'It Happened on 5th Avenue'. My new favorite. If you haven't seen it, you're missing out.

We've been watching all the classic Christmas cartoons all day.

For me, this is a Christmas movie

Each year on Christmas morning all my cousins would come over and we would watch it together so, not a Christmas themed movie, but a tradition nonetheless

When everyone had opened their presents this morning I put on 'A Christmas Story' and fast forwarded it to the part where Ralphie gets his Red Rider.

In that scene everyone is done opening their presents and the Dad asks Ralphie if he got everything he wanted. He says yes but the whole movie is about him wanting the BB gun. Then Dad says, " Hey, what's that over there behind the desk?". It was the BB gun.

So I basically did the same thing with my wife. Everyone was finished unwrapping and as that scene came on I started the same bit with the wife.

I said, "Did you get everything you wanted?". "Say, what's that behind the couch?"

It wasn't a Red Rider but a nice new upper receiver for her very first AR-15. I told her not to shoot her eye out.

The lower receiver isn't ready for pick up. It was a special order.

-
Back