Chrome Moulding -- Where can I find plastic rivets?

-

Hilderbrand1983

Reaction score
I'm working on my '67 Dodge Dart 270 and have removed the chrome strip that runs down the quarter panels all the way up to the front of the car. In a few spots, these were held on with 3/8" speed nuts. However, they were mostly held together with plastic rivets.

I'm super-careful with the parts on this car. Even though I can probably replace anything that breaks, I assume that I can't. In my disassembly, I've only had one part break (the two bolts on either side that hold in the fenders at the bottom). Until now.

Most of the chrome came apart from its plastic rivets by gently prying with a plastic trim removal tool. Some of them, though, cracked and snapped apart.

Does anyone know where (or whether) I can buy new plastic rivets?

There was a guy selling some NOS ones on ebay. I have some and will get you a pic later to see if it's what you have.

Sorry, I got lazy. Attached are pictures of what I'm talking about -- one from the outside, one from the inside. I'd be perfectly happy with aftermarket, if that were an option. I don't know the part name or number, though, to do a proper search.

20161011_083803.jpg

20161011_083849.jpg

Can you measure the clips top/bottom and side/side? I found a bag of trim clips the other day in one of my boxes and I'm pretty sure it's for upper side trim.

Can you measure the clips top/bottom and side/side? I found a bag of trim clips the other day in one of my boxes and I'm pretty sure it's for upper side trim.
Side to side, it measures ~22.5mm (almost 9/10 of one inch). Top to bottom, ~16.8mm (almost 2/3 of one inch).

20161011_105624.jpg

20161011_105633.jpg

If you're still looking, try R/T Specialties. They have all kinds of plastic clips. If you call they will know how to help you.

-
Back