Chrome

-

Louie70Dart

Southern IL. Complete opposite of k-town
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Well, I finally got too angry with microsoft, gouging butt heads. I have Windows 7 OS, and IE 11 as the browser. The last two months I am unable to download some things. No, not pictures, but things like Java, Adobe Player updates, even the Microsoft Scan and Repair Tool from the Microsoft site itself! Today I found out that pdf files also cause the IE11 browser to "quit working and needs to close" crash. I tried the web for solutions, and have yet to find any that work, other than start switching everything over to Chrome. Talked to the idiots at Microsoft, and their solution is for me to upgrade to Windows 8. LOL, well I was not about to get winHOZED by them crooks. My response to the tech was, "Why should I upgrade to another OS when this one is still relatively new?" I asked, why doesn't microsoft just fix the issues with their damn programs? And what do you think I heard? LOL. If I use Chrome, I have absolutely no problem downloading the items I mentioned above. It looks I will be phasing out IE browsers. And I won't be back.

I've been using chrome for about two years now. I have less problems, but it takes time to get used to where to find the features.

Did they tell you how to do a reset of Exploder?
I have to use it (works stuff) and I have to reset it fairly often.

You probably don't want to hear this but the reason Explorer screws up so bad for you is because there is something wrong in the OS.
That's why they ducked out by saying upgrade to 8 I'll bet.

11 works fairly flawlessly on millions of machines, and if you were to do a fresh install of windows it would work fine for you to.
It is for sure a touchy SOB though, I'll grant you that.

I actually use firefox if I have a choice, due to it working like it is supposed to, the video downloader add on and the Ad Blocker.

I use chrome for the 'less trusted' sort of websites (and the ones that have a lot of popups and ads, since chrome controls that better), but I still use IE for most websites.
I usually open IE and check the sites I have saved there, then go to chrome and check the ones I have there.

What I thought also TrailBeast, a reload of the OS. But I'm curious as to why I don't have the issue with Google Chrome though. Reloading the OS is a pain in the butt. I do backups, but there are some programs I'll have to reinstall after the reload. Unless the hd is partitioned....but I still have to reload programs. Ah well, one day when I'm bored, a reinstall might be the plan.

I had IE 11 with OS7 and also had many problems. The worst was that I could not print anything from the Web. I finally went back to IE 9, and I can print fine now.

Going to OS8 to help your problem is like cutting off your foot so you'll forget about the pain in your finger. If you're upset with MS, you'll have to wait in a LONG line.

Chrome on my 39 dollar cell phone, absolutely smokes Interass Exploder 11 on my Windows 8.1 update on the p.c.. Tablet is even faster, using basic hotspot cell phone 3g....

-
Back