[WANTED] Chrysler C-4166 Tester

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually have one let me get the pictures, actually complete with all the other make cables which I have never seen before. Believe it is a c-4166 looks like this
m0GPUBnTiHYhk07drVT_Asw.jpg

Last edited:
It actually should look like this..
Vintage-Chrysler-Ignition-tester-C-4166.jpg

There should also maybe an adapter for the 5 to 4 pin ECU?

Even better if it's a 4166A

If you have one, price?

What's happened is my duster died a couple weeks ago, lost spark. Been throwing parts at it with no luck.

Dave

Last edited:
One has a adapter needed for four
DSC06221.JPG
DSC06222.JPG
DSC06225.JPG
DSC06228.JPG
pin ecu , the other newer one works on both. Sold one a bit ago to a member. I don't have that one this is what I have. Whats the issue with the car? Not to hard to figure out usually.

I'm a bit embarrassed but couple Saturdays ago, took out the 71 duster and about 10 min into the drive it just died. No spark. I've been reading up on the issue and
it looks like everybody's got a different view. So, took to grounding everything good first. Ordered a kit with a new ECU, cap, rotor, VR, ballast resistor (2 pin) and coil.
As I work out of state every week, I have very little time to work on this, so I spent last Sat throwing parts at it instead of taking the time to actually troubleshoot it.
I just rec'vd a new distributor, so now I can try to follow one of the threads that shows how to bench test for spark. It could be the pick up. That's where I'm at right now.

I want to figure this out so I can help someone else out later..

Found a utube on testing the VR, reads about 1.5k, so it should be good. A start!

If your 3500 tester is the one on ebay for $400, that's a bit more than I can afford right now. Last Monday I finally broke down and ordered a 40 x 36 garage with 12' walls..
ouch..

Dave

No where near that PM me a offer that is fair and it is yours. I have no use for it have other testers. The bench check is easy. Pull the distrib out hook two meter leads to the plug (analog meter is best) spin it nd you will see a small amount of ac voltage produce (MA). Pickups are notorious for the problem you are having. They just crap out when they get hot. Hit it with a hair drier also and try it again to check it. I have them also if needed.

No where near that PM me a offer that is fair and it is yours. I have no use for it have other testers. The bench check is easy. Pull the distrib out hook two meter leads to the plug (analog meter is best) spin it nd you will see a small amount of ac voltage produce (MA). Pickups are notorious for the problem you are having. They just crap out when they get hot. Hit it with a hair drier also and try it again to check it. I have them also if needed.

I did the PU test on the new distributor and it works fine. So it's just taking the time to pull the old one out.

I have no idea what to offer for the tester, and did you say it will work with both the 4 and 5 pin?

Thanks.
Dave

Yes. Throw me a offer what you can afford. I need the space. Should fit in a large flat rate box. Do yourself a favor also before you put the rebuilt in check it hot also. They usually do not change the pick ups if they work during testing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back