-
Status
Not open for further replies.

67DodgeDart360

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I had this engine rebuilt last year. It was for my 67 Dodge Dart but I ended up going with the 340 engine. The guy that rebuilt the engine said he remanufacturer everything. The Heads were redone too. The number on the block is 4006830-360-1. If you have any questions or need more pictures just ask. Its on eBay right now.

Link: CHRYSLER MAGNUM 360 5.9 SHORT BLOCK ENGINE MOTOR MOPAR

FWIW, what you have pictured in the Ebay auction is not a shortblock. It is a long block. Short block is an engine without heads. Long block is an engine with heads. It also appears to have LA and not Magnum heads on it. Unless the block was drilled for LA oiling the heads will not get oil.......OR it is an LA 360 and not Magnum. From the intake valley, it appears to ba an LA 360 not a Magnum.

Did you mistakenly post pictures of your 340 in the auction?

FWIW, what you have pictured in the Ebay auction is not a shortblock. It is a long block. Short block is an engine without heads. Long block is an engine with heads. It also appears to have LA and not Magnum heads on it. Unless the block was drilled for LA oiling the heads will not get oil.......OR it is an LA 360 and not Magnum. From the intake valley, it appears to ba an LA 360 not a Magnum.

Did you mistakenly post pictures of your 340 in the auction?

Thanks for letting me know. Is there anything else I should change on the auction?

Thanks for letting me know. Is there anything else I should change on the auction?

Not that I could tell. It appears to be an LA rather than Magnum.....that was all I picked up on. It looks like a nice engine though. Good luck with it.

What cam ? what pistons ? What is the compression ratio ? Post up some specs from the machine shop on what they did

Here are some pictures of the 360 engine.

IMG_7626.JPG

IMG_7634.JPG

IMG_7635.JPG

IMG_7637.JPG

IMG_7638.JPG

IMG_7639.JPG

IMG_7640.JPG

That looks like an LA motor, for sure. What is the date casting on the passeger side of the block? That will tell the tale as to LA, or Magnum.

When you had him rebuild it he didn't give you tags saying what was done. What did you tell him to put in it ? Looking at the pics closely here's what I see,,
Chipped paint with rust underneath, intake dowel pins. zoom in on the cam lobes and it looks like it has been used ?? maybe not ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back