Chrysler Pacifica reliability?

-

dartslantsix

Reaction score
2017+ Chrysler Pacifica vans, non hybrid.
How are they? Don't care much for whizbang features, just reliability. I've heard the trans can be clunky, but lasts okay. I've also heard issues with an oil cooler?

Looking to upgrade the family van. We had a 2009 Chrysler van and it was horrible. Constant weird electrical issues, creaky doors, non-working doors, a torque converter that didn't want to unlock, leaking coolant from heater hoses, etc. That said, I do not want another van from that generation.

Picked up a cheap 2002 Chrysler 3.3L and it's been a peach ever since. It now has 180k miles and it's time for an upgrade.

We were looking into other brands and had hoped to find a Sienna, but they are hard to find with lowish miles at a good price. Pacificas just showed up on my radar as they are pretty affordable. Odysseys still use a timing belt and a problematic cylinder shutdown system, so they are off the table.

Thanks for any input!

-Dave

I bought my wife a 2017 Pacifica new and haven’t had any real issues with it. The oil housing on the top of engine started leaking at 130,000 miles and wasn’t an expensive fix cost about $300 to have it replaced. It’s the part with the oil cap is molded into. It gets old and cracks. Common problem on all of those engines even in the jeeps too. We have over 140,000 miles on it now and haven’t even changed the brakes yet. The tranny shifts ok but is quirky and has a hard down shift sometimes but it’s been like that since day one. It gets almost 30 mpg on the highway too.

My sister had a 2018 or 2019 (I forgot the year) and worked flawlessly until during covid lockdowns when microchips were in short supply and it had a check engine light pop up so they took it to the dealer for a warranty check and it turned out to be for the TCU. The van sat at the dealer for about 7 months waiting for the part to come in and when she got it back she sold it immediately. Had maybe 30k miles on it

Just got a 2021, it’s like a spaceship. The whole family loves this thing, myself included.

As far as reliability, it’s my opinion that vehicles are designed to fail. I would (and did) get the Chrysler extended warranty, and sell it right before that runs out.

IMG_5918.jpeg

-
Back