Chrysler RED anti-freeze

-

D-mailman

Reaction score
Anyone know anything about the red anti freeze Chrysler sells ? I have been told the 'stealer' is the ONLY place to get this stuff. I need the red stuff for the wifes Intrepid. But at $31.75 a gallon...it is too pricey. Anyone know if any of the other stuff will work ok. It is called 'Extended life embittered' anti freeze. Please advise and thanks.

Terry

I put the red antifreeze from Shell in my trucks. It's been a couple years since I bought any but think it was called Shell Rotella "T" antifreeze and I got mine at PEP Boys. Not sure what the cost was either.

John

i know here i got it for 18 sumthin for the jeep but im picky on stuff like that i run mopar belts and whatnot but i dont see why any of the any color ani/frezee wouldnt work but dodge might stick it to you if you have a warrenty and rad/ water pump goes out

http://www.popularmechanics.com/how_to_central/automotive/1272436.html

How about just pouring orange antifre eze into every cooling system, say, yours? Sorry, but it's not that simple. The new organic acid antifreezes may be used only if the cooling system has an aluminum radiator (rather than copper-and-brass).

However, let's assume the reaso n you're thinking of a coolant change is because you're changing a cooling system part (pump, radiator, heater, thermostat housing) on a system with a conventional coolant, not an organic acid orange or pink. In that case, don't change to organic acid ora nge, even if the part you're installing is aluminum. Use a fresh fill of familiar U.S. yellow/gold or green silicated antifreeze.

The two orange extended-life antifreezes are compatible with each other, with what's factory-fill in GM ca rs and the '99 Mercury Cougar, and with the pink in VW/Audi cars. However, they're not compatible with a special orange antifreeze in 1998-99 Chrysler L/H cars (Dodge Intrepid/Chrysler Concorde and 300M), a special "hybrid" mix of organic acids and silicates. The green in most Japanese cars contains no silicates, so it's not the same as the green in the parts store. The yellow in some European cars contains some silicates, but it's very different from yellow Prestone, the top-selling U.S. brand. And then there is red antifreeze used by Toyota, and blue used on some European and Korean cars.

You can get it at most auto parts stores under the Zerex brand. they call it G-05 and it sells for about $16-$18.

Remember when it was ALL green ??? There's just too damn many choices these days, and not just with coolant ... I can remember here in CT when there was just one instant lottery ticket, now there a gazillion .. And Vodka .. There used to be 3 or 4 choices, NOW there's 50 or more.. The world is going insane...

Sorry, rant over

What about tequila? Microbrewed beer? My heeeead hurts!

funny you say that, there is now a new pink tequila. pink vodka old but pink tequila new.

so that means if I flush my PT Cruiser, its gonna cost me around $1500?? (and I'm totally lost what color to buy . . . . .) lol

-
Back