chucks classic cars hyd clutch install

-

6dart9

Reaction score
anyone got any pictures of an install? All seems easy except where the master cylinder mounts to the pedal.

I found an old post from 7/08 but the guy never updated it if it worked or not

thanks
justin

I can`t tell you about that particular hydraulic clutch but I did install the Keisler hyd. clutch in my Barracuda. I mounted the master cylinder to the lower drivers side bolt of my brakes master cylinder. I had to remove the overhead spring on the clutch pedal. The slave cylinder mounts by sandwiching a plate on the firewall side that mates with a corresponding plate that`s machined into the slave cylinder. The slave attaches to the pedal with a Heim joint. The throw out bearing mounts on the input shaft as any mechanical type TO bearing does and the hydraulic hose is fed through a plate that covers the opening in the bellhousing. Fill it, bleed it, and away you go. It definitely has a different feel than a mechanical clutch does, but you get used to it.

here is what i found just in case the future ? comes up

late last night i found a good write up on Bigblockdart.com

search hyd clutch and it will come up.

I installed a Chuck's kit in my 68 cuda. But the car is not running yet and it's also right hand drive, so the clutch pedal to master cylinder linkage is on the opposite side of the car to what your's would be! But for what it's worth I found it quite easy to connect the clutch pedal to the master cylinder pushrod, and found sufficient room on the firewall to mount the master with correct alignment.

These are earlier pics...I've since finessed things as little more and it all works together fine.

CIMG1005WEB.JPG

CIMG1010WEB.JPG

-
Back