Cigarette Lighter

-

65 Dartman

1 of None 65 Dart Sedan Delivery
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if the cigarette lighter receptacle is hot even if the car is turned off? I'd check my Valiant or Barracuda (both Darts under construction) except neither has a battery.

i would guess that it would be. if you think about most people when installing an aftermarket stereo will hook its constant power cable to the lighter. and some will wire it to the battery. idk i can check but my car is a 74 so i dont know if its even the same as your cars year

Anyone know if the cigarette lighter receptacle is hot even if the car is turned off? I'd check my Valiant or Barracuda (both Darts under construction) except neither has a battery.

I'll check when I get home...BTW thanks again for the NSS.

Aloha Mike

No problem - if it doesn't work, let me know - got several more.

Yep its Hot!

65dartman~BTW if I read the switch stud with an Ohmeter...should it read a short to the switch housing when the switch is depressed? I want to test it before I install it.

Mahalo 65dartman!

sorry for jackin your thread!
Aloha

65dartman~BTW if I read the switch stud with an Ohmeter...should it read a short to the switch housing when the switch is depressed? I want to test it before I install it.

Mahalo 65dartman!

sorry for jackin your thread!
Aloha

I honestly don't know how to test it but that sounds logical to me since when the switch is depressed within the transmission, I believe it shorts to ground through the starter relay. If it's a no go when you get it in the car, lemme know. No problem about the thread - good to learn something new every day.

I'll read it over the weekend an post it up here...hey couple more post and you are a 1k winner!

Aloha

DFMSMN- yes a NSS switch should read a short to the housing when the switch is depressed.
Dang! Thats what I thought too...well the one 65Dartman sent, reads an open. Bummer. I'll see if he has any others.

Thanks guys!

SHOUT out to 65Dartman! anyone others in your stash of parts?

Aloha FABO!

-
Back