Circuit racing

-

105 mad

Reaction score
Hi Folks, I'm contacting you from over the other side of the pond in the UK. I have an unfortunate passion of both Italian & American (Mopar) cars & as a hobby I do circuit racing currently using a 1965 Alfa Romeo. Now the thing is I'm constantly getting beaten to death by Mustangs, Falcon Sprints, Galaxies, Jaguars etc & although my poor little 1600cc Alfa which is a corker can usually drive round these cars in the bends it doesn't have the power on the straights. I've never been the type to follow the crowd so I was thinking of building a Barracuda, 273, 4 speed, etc,(never seen in Europe to my knowledge). Whatever I choose it must have been in production on 01.01.66 so maybe even a Formula S. The regulations I race under are pretty strict & the cars must comply with the FIA Homologation which Plymouth applied for in 1964. This was granted & given the number of 1331. First & foremost at this stage is, do you guys know anyone who has a copy of these papers? This is the starting point as it gives all the info relating to engine, transmission, brake & suspension specs but more importantly homologated minimum weights. For instance I think the Mustang is 1100kg & the Falcon bizarrly 980kg & basiclly if it's too heavy it'll still be uncompetitive. I could also do with any other info relating to any racing history these cars have because any details that are a bit un-certain could be backed up with historical evidence. I look forward to hearing from you guys & hopefully I could get this project off the ground.
Regards
Paul

-
Back