Civil War Reenactment in

-

73hcode

Reaction score
Ok yall in Mississippi and over the south we do this stuff I don't but I like to watch. The actors will be in Raymond then champion hill then the big one Vicksburg just thought I would post this to see what anyone thought,

I used to do it, I had joined a Artillery group and did re-enactments with them. I did it purely for the Artillery aspect of it. I found the technology that was available at the time fascinating. Keep in mind, I was a modern artilleryman in the U.S. Army. I stopped doing it because I wasn't always "historically accurate" in my dress and manners. I also disagreed with some safety issues. Some of these re-enactors get anal and I finally quit.

Been to a quite few. I enjoy them. I haven't gone for a few years because they are to far and the cost of gas. Kind of miss it. I'm not a reenactor myself but enjoyed taking picture of the battles and walking through the camp and talking with the reenactors.

Someday I like to see the big one in Gettysburg PA.

Been to a quite few. I enjoy them. I haven't gone for a few years because they are to far and the cost of gas. Kind of miss it. I'm not a reenactor myself but enjoyed taking picture of the battles and walking through the camp and talking with the reenactors.

Someday I like to see the big one in Gettysburg PA.

We just did an event t the Eisenhower farm in Gettysburg last month.

A few pictures.

Attachments

• image-17924639.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 176
  • image-2851472030.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 171
  • image-3417940365.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 167
  • image-4133144808.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 169
  • image-3166021567.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 171
  • image-478871816.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 166
  • image-62508799.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 170
  • image-531357555.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 164
  • image-4223903072.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 166
Never been to a WW2 or Vietnam reenactment just Civil War ones. They seem pretty cool too.
When my wife was little her dad was stationed at Fort Richie and they lived in Gettysburg for a short time in 1963 about a block from the college. Ike had an office on campus and my wife and older brother went over and got to meet him.

We've been to a few. My wife is a civil war buff and got us started. As far as I'm concerned their ok but i'm not real crazy about them but she puts up going with me to swap meets (cars and amateur radios) so I have no room to complain about taking her to a civil war re-enactment. 1 that she likes to go to every year has a fantastic blue grass band that plays so a lot of the time I kick back and enjoy the music while she looks at the civil war stuff.

My Grandpa got me in to the civil war and took me to a few Reenactments. Been to a lot of the old battle fields with him. He also volunteered at the Drum Barracks for a short time. He never did see any ghosts though.

-
Back