Classic Auto Air Fit with BB Stroker Motor ?

-

DonnieLawson

68 Barracuda
Reaction score
Has anyone used the Classic Auto" Perfect fit" kit it their A body?

I have a 68 Cuda with a 505 RB engine. It also has fabbed Aluminum valve covers .
My concern is how much clearance there will be between the passenger valve cover and the hoses where they come out of the fire wall where the heater blower was .
My cam is a solid lifter cam and the valve covers will need to come off from time to time.
And if anyone has this system , how do you like it . I normally wouldn't put air on one , but the older I get , The more I like the cool AC on the hot muggy Ohio summer days .

Also, does anyone with pics of a installed unit with a big block in the A body ?

Donnie

Attachments

• My Cuda Hanging sheetmetal Resized 0001.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 74
  • My Cuda paint progress 047 (Medium).jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 74
don't have a big block, but have the Classic air system

The hose connection coming out of the blower hole is smaller than the blower, take a good look at the stock location of blower to engine should give you an idea of clearance.

Since the hoses actually attach to a bulkhead, you could get custom hoses made to turn 90 deg, at firewall

I can take some pictures if you need them.

Hope like hell they have improved the wiring diagram, there are 2 connectors that are exactly the same and cannot be reversed, mine was trial and error, or make that error 1st. Had to make a piece for the heater control that wasn't in my kit but not a problem to make.

View attachment dartengine.jpg

I also made the bracket to mount the heater control valve to inner fender, didn't like the idea of it just being supported by the hose.

-
Back