Classic Auto Air- Opinions- Experience- Feedback

-

scatpackbee

Reaction score
Would like to hear feedback, opinions and experience from guys who have installed the Classic Auto Air Perfect Fit air conditioning kit in their A bodies.

Thinking about buying a kit to complete the entire HOTROD Power Tour and other car related events in comfort.

Please let me know what you guys think about this A/C kit before I spend the cash.

Thanks

I need to replace everything for the A/C forward of the firewall so I'm interested in this as well.

My Classic Auto engine compartment kit has been fine, see my post back in July 2013. This was for an original factory air car (74 dart sport) and I should have replaced the original evaporator as it eventually leaked.

My Classic Auto engine compartment kit has been fine, see my post back in July 2013. This was for an original factory air car (74 dart sport) and I should have replaced the original evaporator as it eventually leaked.
Thanks for the info!

Last year I installed the Classic Auto Air kit into my slant 6 '66 Dart. The tech help was great, quite unlike Vintage Air experience I had in the past. Of course, there isn't a perfect fit kit for the early A body, but tech help got me through it nicely.

I was totally unimpressed with the compressor mounting kit however. The difficulty was with the crank pulley mounting forward of the other pulleys, not allowing room for a radiator in my small car. I got a slant 6 compressor mounting kit from Charrlie S here on FABO and that solved the problem. Charrlie's kit uses the original A/C compressor pulley that goes behind the pulley that runs the water pump and alternator.

I say, go for Classic Auto Air, even if only for the tech help. My system works great.

Jerry

I'd make my own system using OEM parts and some aftermarket fittings, millions of bucks ahead. But I'm me, not afraid to make something up.

Are there any specific questions you have on the Classic Air kit ?

There's another member here "Waco Demon" that is installing one too. Maybe search his posts or send a PM....

-
Back