classic auto air: should I?

-

dusterbd13

Reaction score
my wife told me tonight that she wants to start using my duster for taking educational family trips around the southeast. she also told me that before spring, we WILL have AC in the car. so....
what mamma wants, daddy wont complain about.
Ive been eyeballing the classic auto air perfect fit kit for years, and dreaming. now, its become a financial reality. the car its going into is a fully "restored", complete, heat only 1970 duster. I'm using a 69 cuda instrument cluster.360 with indybrock heads and a victor Jr manifold. power steering and power brakes. GM 12SI alternator. TTI headers. Aluminum direct fit radiator, with electric two speed dodge intrepid fans. i don't want to cut the car up in any way, nor do i want to do any major changes to other systems or components. hell, i don't even want to drill any holes if i can help it.
anyway, what I'm asking is this:
1. how high quality is the classic auto air kit? would i be better off with something else?
2. how much of a PITA is it to put in?
3. anyone have any pictures of an install other than the bad ones that are on their site?
4. will their compressor setup fit, and will their whole deal work in my car?
thanks for any help you can throw my way.
michael

After a 100 degree day like this one, absolutely! (Yes, I'm a wimp). If I want to be able to cruise with the family, they will have to be comfortable. Of course you have to build in extra horsepower in the motor to make up the difference in compressor drag!!!

-
Back