classic car insurance

-

68gts340

Reaction score
who do you guys recommend for insurance, i tried hagerty but they are pretty restrictive....i ve got three cars to insure, and it will save a lot of money, thats much needed to buy more parts.......thanks Ron

All classic car insurance is somewhat restrictive, if you want your car covered for it's true value and not bluebook. Hagerty is one of the least restrictive, that's who my friends and I have all went with, one has had a claim that was handled fast and honest. Some of the other companies only want you driving your car to shows, clubs, or parades. They will all require you to keep it garaged and have a good conditioned dailey driver with full insurance. Peace

cudachaser said:
All classic car insurance is somewhat restrictive, if you want your car covered for it's true value and not bluebook. Hagerty is one of the least restrictive, that's who my friends and I have all went with, one has had a claim that was handled fast and honest. Some of the other companies only want you driving your car to shows, clubs, or parades. They will all require you to keep it garaged and have a good conditioned dailey driver with full insurance. Peace

I have Hagerty on my Valiant, and my 1981 Imperial.

I have State Farm for my beater daily driver Van.

Hagerty is 1/3 of the cost of State Farm, for more coverage.

If you don't have a locked garage to keep your car in, rent one; i have to rent for my 2 cars.
I think that All the reputable companies want this.

I have State farm and all they did was take pics and Ask me how much I thought it was worth. Then they just insure that amount.

I checked Grundy etc..too many issues, restrictions,paperwork etc..

Went online to AON , no sweat at all and no mileage restriction, no appraisal. Just about six good pictures and a full discription and $125.00 a year.

Try it...

-
Back