Classic industries carpet install issues- not for purists

-

Winchester_Black

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I’ve been working on the interior of my 72 Dart Custom 4-door and I’m having some issues with the carpet. I bought a replacement set of carpets from classic industries and they shipped folded in half..

Instructions said to leave out in the sun for several hours (which I did on two separate days for about 4 hours each) and I can’t seem to get rid of the crease in the center of the transmission tunnel.. any suggestions appreciated
IMG_3331.jpeg
IMG_3333.jpeg
IMG_3335.jpeg

Whatever you do, don't start trimming until you get the thing flat. You might try flipping it and warming the backing, that's what is tweaked

Whatever you do, don't start trimming until you get the thing flat. You might try flipping it and warming the backing, that's what is tweaked
Thanks, that’s a good idea about flipping it. Yeah I haven’t trimmed anything yet because the wrinkle is in the first 18” or so behind the firewall and I figure I only have one shot at getting that dimmer foot switch grommet hole cut in the right spot

Nice driver, yes take it slow to get some good ideas from above for correct install.
Question: What brand of front seats do you have and are they comfortable with all adjustments?

I figure I only have one shot at getting that dimmer foot switch grommet hole cut in the right spot
plus getting the edges cut to fit right under the sill plates! Next try doing it with a console with shifter in the middle!

PS: I do love that paint color!

Nice driver, yes take it slow to get some good ideas from above for correct install.
Question: What brand of front seats do you have and are they comfortable with all adjustments?
Thanks! These are the classic low back seats from JEGS. They are pretty comfortable (way more comfortable than my worn out bench seat) but I’m using the summit adjustable seat bracket mounts and I think the rear is too high, so I will be moving the rear bolts from the top hole (highest setting) to the center hole soon to get a better angle.

PS: I do love that paint color
Me too. It took me several years to find a 4-door in this color. I was beginning to think they didn’t exist.
It’s pretty faded though, and I will be repainting it this summer. I already bought 5 quarts of GA4 urethane 2-stage.
I’m taking it to a body shop in the next couple of weeks for prep and some minor bodywork. I love painting but I hate bodywork..

Last edited:
-
Back