Classic insurance

-

halifaxhops

It's going to get stupid around here!
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Just a good experience with Grundy insurance. I just put my more door on the road for 135.00 a year with full coverage, 100Mi towing and 2k in spare parts! This is the first time I had classic insurance and I am very happy I did it.:cheers: I used Grundy out of Philly

So is that a stated value policy? I also insure a total of 5 cars through them with a stated value on each. I've never had to file a claim with them, so that's where the rubber meets the road!!!

So is that a stated value policy? I also insure a total of 5 cars through them with a stated value on each. I've never had to file a claim with them, so that's where the rubber meets the road!!!

Stated value?? You really should have agreed value, big difference.

I won't use them because they told me I can't drive my car, unless it's to a parade, car show etc.

Definitely want to have AGREED value...In the (God Forbid) event of a total loss agreed value is what they will pay out.

I had Hagerty's last year and it was $390 for a 20K agreed value and 250/500, well this year they raised the premium to $418 and thanks to another post about classic insurance I ended up going with Heacock and the premium dropped to $252 for the same coverage.

It's also very IMPORTANT to understand the policy verbiage and when you will be covered. In many cases if you take a trip or make a stop at the store or for a burger if a "car show" isn't involved you ain't covered.

Ya'all could have your eyes opened by reading this:

http://www.acarplace.com/cars/insurance.html

Do your homework and Protect Yourselves Folks!

I've used Hagerty for over a dozen years on multiple cars. Only had them three days when I had to put in a claim for over 6k in damage. Not a single problem and I had a check in less then a week. My rates did not go up this year,but they did suggest I up the agreed value.

Great company!

ihave chrome insurance on 14 of my cars and it beat everyone else by 30% i had a wreck and it was settle in 15 days with a year extra medical after the wreck i would check them out it was worth it for me

I haven't heard of chrome Insurance. I can't complain about hagerty's rates, but I haven't had a claim either.

USAA writes collector insurance thru American Collecter's Insurance (American Banker's Insurance of Forida). Does anybody have any experience with them. I am assuming their affiliation with USAA is a solid recommendation.

Dennis

-
Back