Cleaning rust and painting Rallye

-

my5thmopar

Life Long MOPAR Owner
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Whats the best way to clean up very rusty rallye for repaint. They were sitting out in the elements.

I also was wondering if anyone has rallye painted the same color as their car. My Dart is red and I was thinking red or black.

Where can I get the paint codes for 72s if I decide to go that route.

Ideas please.

I had mine sand blasted, they came out nice! I primed them then used argent and clearcoat, they came out nice!

If they are bad, blasting is just about the only option.

Color choice is up to you but I would not do black or body color if the car was mine.

Whats the best way to clean up very rusty rallye for repaint. They were sitting out in the elements.

I also was wondering if anyone has rallye painted the same color as their car. My Dart is red and I was thinking red or black.

Where can I get the paint codes for 72s if I decide to go that route.

Ideas please.

Go with the argent (silver in french) These were a real mess but a quick sand blast and paint works wonders.
You can never go wrong with the original color !

Attachments

• IMG_0885 (Large).jpg
    137 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_0884 (Large).jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 168
After closer inspection this afternoon, I'm thinking a wire brush clean up will do the job. BTW 360 the wheels look great and that chrome ring sets them off. Wasn't the original brushed? At least the ones I have are.

http://www.jegs.com/i/Mopar-Performance/312/P4529876/10002/-1?parentProductId=829960
312-P4529876.jpg

After closer inspection this afternoon, I'm thinking a wire brush clean up will do the job. BTW 360 the wheels look great and that chrome ring sets them off. Wasn't the original brushed? At least the ones I have are.

Those aren't OEM trim rings for those wheels but they still look great.

-
Back