Cleaning up the section?

-

doogievlg

Reaction score
This may not be the place to post it but I was curious if there was a way to maybe combine some of the sticky threads. I learned a lot from all the sticky threads but I feel like there are getting to be a few too many.

Maybe combine the two 318 threads and sb assembly threads.

I'm not trying to tell the mods how to do their jobs just throwing out an idea.

How are people who need to find them going to find them easily?

Can we put them at the bottom and work their way up?

Or make a separate tab for each forum for the sticky threads that apply to that particular forum.

I can't find some of the ones I check on now... :banghead:

Hang tight & don't panic....Working on it :)

Don't we have a how to section?

It wasn't a huge deal for me. Just figured that six or how ever many was a little much. Maybe have Mrl or someone who has proven to be a great engine builder put together a step by step thread for assembly.

Better yet a link to the how to build mopar small block book on amazon!

It wasn't a huge deal for me. Just figured that six or how ever many was a little much. Maybe have Mrl or someone who has proven to be a great engine builder put together a step by step thread for assembly.

Better yet a link to the how to build mopar small block book on amazon!

I understand.

But I think that we should find a way to keep the clutter under control and still make them easy to find for the people who need them. Some of them are new and don't know the site as well, so we should make them easy to find for them. The newbies are the ones who can most benefit from them.

I plan to do a how to thread on engine assembly in the future. It may take a while, but I'm still trying to figure out the best approach and get some parts together to build a few engines.

I'm not knocking MRL. I'm sure he knows some things that I don't. But I have many years experience building engines, and worked in an engine factory and can pass along some good tips. Part of my job was writing the work instructions for the assembly operators. Mike is good at putting together packages to make good HP and torque. My focus is just basic engine assembly for a street or street/strip engine that may be used for daily driving. Getting all the parts assembled properly...

I'm willing to spend the time and effort to make the threads. Does Mike have the time or even want to write any? Has anybody asked him? Maybe we could both do one if he wants to.

One of mine was only a sticky and is not in the how to section.

C - Can you put a link to my How to assemble the front end of a SB thread to the How to section then? It isn't showing up there. It should be in the small block tech forum.

I understand.

But I think that we should find a way to keep the clutter under control and still make them easy to find for the people who need them. Some of them are new and don't know the site as well, so we should make them easy to find for them. The newbies are the ones who can most benefit from them.

I plan to do a how to thread on engine assembly in the future. It may take a while, but I'm still trying to figure out the best approach and get some parts together to build a few engines.

I'm not knocking MRL. I'm sure he knows some things that I don't. But I have many years experience building engines, and worked in an engine factory and can pass along some good tips. Part of my job was writing the work instructions for the assembly operators. Mike is good at putting together packages to make good HP and torque. My focus is just basic engine assembly for a street or street/strip engine that may be used for daily driving. Getting all the parts assembled properly...

I'm willing to spend the time and effort to make the threads. Does Mike have the time or even want to write any? Has anybody asked him? Maybe we could both do one if he wants to.

My bad. I just new mike has a lot of very satisfied customers on the page. It doesn't matter to me who puts it together.

One of mine was only a sticky and is not in the how to section.

C - Can you put a link to my How to assemble the front end of a SB thread to the How to section then? It isn't showing up there. It should be in the small block tech forum.

It's been added to the How To Articles

I would love to put something together, but time is at a premium right now. Not only do I have engines to build, I also teach at the local Collage 3 days a week expanding young minds on Diesel and Auto. Im sure I can come up with something, Just don't know when it will happen.

I would love to put something together, but time is at a premium right now. Not only do I have engines to build, I also teach at the local Collage 3 days a week expanding young minds on Diesel and Auto. Im sure I can come up with something, Just don't know when it will happen.

Maybe I can do one on basic assembly, and you can do one for how you tweak all that HP and torque....

I'm just going to focus on basic assembly. How to put the parts together. My plan is not to get too deep in modifications.... I've spent alot of time on an engine assembly line and seen many common mistakes, and learned some good tips that I now use for my personal engine building that I can pass along.

I had no clue there was a how to section. Seems like a awesome resource.

Maybe in your thread about assembly you could list all proper clearances and stuff. It took me a while to track down some of the random numbers.

I had no clue there was a how to section. Seems like a awesome resource.

Maybe in your thread about assembly you could list all proper clearances and stuff. It took me a while to track down some of the random numbers.

DITTO!!! I've been reading on this site for over a year and never noticed the "How To" section at the top. This is something that should be pointed out to all new members and others, like me, who just didn't know!!

Treblig

-
Back