Cleaning wiring harness?

-

COdartman

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
Any tricks for cleaning up original wiring? I have heard of using GO-JO hand cleaner. Any other non abrasive or easy methods out there? I just want to get the 45 years of grime off and clean. Thanks for any tips:coffee2:

Dave,

nothing cleans gunk off of an old car like dawn and hot water and a medium stiff brush

I just used the white hand cleaner yesterday on my wiring harness. It's a good start. Problem is that water does not emulsify the soap like it used to back in the '70's. Back then, a good shot of water would have it melt away. These new formula's, in my opinion, refuse to rinse off with water (same when using these cream type soaps on your hands, just won't rinse off, stays kinda slimy).

nothing cleans gunk off of an old car like dawn and hot water and a medium stiff brush

This. The warm water let's the detergent penetrate, stiff brush works it off.The less aggressive the detergent, the better.(Edit) : If cleaning bulkhead fasteners & wiring crusty connection s, check out CRC's QD electical connection cleaner.

-
Back