Clear Shift knob?

-

hemizach

Young Blood
Reaction score
Looking for a clear gear shift knob... but it gets more interesting... I am looking for something hollow (sp?) that allows me to fill it with stuff! Anyone seen anything like this?

OK, I gotta ask. What kind of "Stuff" do you want to put in your shift knob?

x2 RogerK!!! Inquiring minds wanna know. :-D Depending on the nature of the 'stuffing' you may not want a clear one. Hahaha

Personally, I've never heard of a clear shift knob before but would think it would have to be made out of lucite. I had a lucite watch in the 70s. It turned yellow but it was cool when I first got it.

We used to make our own knobs in shop class. We would select a light bulb the size we wanted our knob to be, use a file to cut the glass around the base and take the base off, then fill it with resin. We would do clear, or tint it, or make patterns in the resin, whatever we could think of. When the resin set up we broke the glass off, polished the knob, and drilled and tapped it for the shifter handle.
Dallas

That is actually a great idea. I think it would be kinda cool to have someones ashes in the shift knob. It is probably the best place too. The shifter is like the wheel of a ship to a captain.

Never in my life have I ever seen or heard of someones ashes in a shift knob. LOL I guess that will be okay.....??????? Go for it..LOL

Never in my life have I ever seen or heard of someones ashes in a shift knob. LOL I guess that will be okay.....??????? Go for it..LOL

One of my friends has a Bud Lite beer tap handle for a shift knob.But then again,he also has zip ties holding the grille so it wont fall off on his 69 Chevelle.Go figure

We used to make our own knobs in shop class. We would select a light bulb the size we wanted our knob to be, use a file to cut the glass around the base and take the base off, then fill it with resin. We would do clear, or tint it, or make patterns in the resin, whatever we could think of. When the resin set up we broke the glass off, polished the knob, and drilled and tapped it for the shifter handle.
Dallas
heh heh,he said "polished the knob"

Yeahhhhh, I don't think so...

Honestly guys, an this is gunna sound weird. But I know someone who wants to put a loved one's ashes in the shift knob for when they drives their car... It was actually partly my idea, lol.

Interesting. I've heard of people having jewelry made from loved one's ashes.

Didnt know what the reaction was going to be for this, lol. I will have to look into making one I guess.

-
Back