Clearance for rodbolt to block/girdle?

-

Rodzilla

Reaction score
I've done some clearancing on my stroker for the rod bolts/rods to clear at the bottom of the cylinder and also on the stud girdle. All the clearances on the block look good at 30-40 thou. And about the same on most of the girdle except a couple spots which are at 20 thou. Can I leave it there or should I take out some more material off the girdle?

I'd make it uniform. You also might want to throw a Crank scraper in there. My 340 has both a Stud girdle and a crank scraper (the scraper is both up and down stroke and is teflon bladed.

.020 is cutting it close. I would feel better with .040

Got any pics? I would like to see the setup :smile:

I'll pull the girdle off again to give a little more clearance. I'll post some pics soon. No rings on yet, waiting for heads to come back to check piston to valve clearance before final assembly of bottom end.
I'm not going to use a scraper, if it was a track car looking for every bit of HP I could get, then ya I would. This car will see 500miles a year at most. A few laps around town on cruise night, once or twice at track maybe. Its turned into a full blown show car, but I'm still driving it :burnout:

-
Back