Clearance Issue/overheating

-

Duster Fan

Reaction score
I've got a '70 Duster, with a 318(it's got a lot of high performance parts) it's been tested puts out over 420 HP.

Right now it's got a 318 w/ A/C radiator.....which doesn't help much, driving at 3500 RPMs it heats up to about 210, and that's just after 30 to 40 minutes of driving mainly up hill though.

Now, I bought a Aluminum Radiator, that will be able to cool the engine properly, but I've got clearance issues with my Flex-a-Lite electric fan.

With the new radiator in the car, the fan will NOT fit, honestly it barely fits now with it's current radiator in it.(it has very little clearance with the belt pully on the water pump)

Now, I've got pics, but my internet is throwing a hissy fit and not wanting to upload them, so they'll have to wait until tomorrow. But if any of you guys have had a similar problem, can you please let me know what Electric Fan you used, or whatever else you may have done to fix this problem?

If you use a double fan electric fan unit that should give a little more room in the middle where water pump goes.

100_0892.jpg

100_0893.jpg

100_0895.jpg

Here are some pics. As you can see I have very little space with this radiator, I've got NO space to put the fan with the Aluminum one. Any help would be appriciated.

-
Back