Clearance problem with rear disc brake and 15'' wheels / Barracuda 69

-

LIONEL

Lio
Reaction score
Hi All, I've helped my friend to install a DBK 834 rear disc brake kit on his 1969 Plymouth Barracuda, before we order the kit, we were inform that works with minimum of 15'' wheels
we have 15'' Rallye wheels. We install the kit, the job is done. But when we put wheel in place : clearance problem at the back (of the back) of the wheel rub and is in contact with the caliper :(
Did someone has this problem ?
the 69 Cuda is still is 4'' bolt circle pattern and we didn't have found Rallye wheels in 16''
the wheel choice is limited in 4''
If you have ideas to find :
- Rallye wheels in 16'' or Aluminium looks like Rallye wheels with 4'' bolt pattern
- Not drilled wheels and machined in 4'' bolt pattern

Thanks
Lio

DBK-834.jpg

wheels-front.jpg

wheels-back-1.jpg

I had to grind the caliper when I did mine using 15x8 4.5BS rally wheels.

That’s what I was going to suggest, as it is the simplest and least costly way out.

is it catching on the weld that holds the center of the wheel inside the rim ?
if that is the case (and you run the same size of wheels all around) i would grab one from the front and see if that one clears

Strange makes a smaller caliper that they call their low profile caliper. I purchased a pair of their calipers that was required because of my inner bead lock on my double bead lock rear wheels. These may help you also. Sorry, I don't have any better pictures of the brake calipers themselves on the car. Part #is B5080.

20190531_204436.jpg

20170126_212338 (003).jpg

Low-Profile-1-pc-Steel-Clearance.jpg

Hi, thank you very much for your reply :thumbsup:
we will first looking for where exactly is the problem inside the wheel and if it's possible to grind the caliper.
after, we will try to adapt another caliper, better solution instead of new expensive wheels

best regards

-
Back