clearance with the air gap intake

-

69 Valiant Kid

Reaction score
hey, i have a 69 valiant...putting in a 340....will the air gap and 650 dp with mopar air filter clear my stock hood?

I run an LD340 with Eddie AVS and it fits with a stock air cleaner. I compared the LD340 with an Air Gap side by side at a swap meet and they are the same height. So my guess is it will fit.

Don't have your setup Kid with intake and DP, however with a 14x 2" open filter I had to use a dropped lowered base pan to clear with my 318. (Just in case your wondering about non-stock Open)

Just put on on a 340 dart. TIGHT fit. my wing nut rubs so I will have to play with the air cleaner.

IMG_0529.jpg

Thanks, tons of work to go. My carb is a 750 demon and I assume its the same hight as a 650 holley DP as its a copy of the holley.

I have air gap with mopar air cleaner and got a shorter filter for it for enough hood clearance

I believe it is 12 3/4" x 2 3/4" and I got a 12 3/4 " x 2" filter clears the hood OK but the insulation rubbed and had to go

low340RT.JPG

low340RT.JPG

75 Dart, 360, Eddy Airgap, 625 Carter AFB, 3" tall air cleaner, no clearance problems.

I happen to have a 340 with RPM Air-Gapand a Holley 650DP in my 68 Cuda

I had to use a drop cleaner, and a new stud to get it to close properly. The stud was a key part, as it hit the hood before the air cleaner did and made a little dent.

I am using the Profession Product Cross wind and I have clearance with a 2" filter element and a flat filter base. I am using a 3" filter now with a dropped base and have clearance. This is on a 68 Barracuda.

-
Back