Cleveland great Jim Brown dead at 87

-

44070dart

How the hell did I get this old..
Reaction score
Just read Jim Brown passed away. We were Brown's fans as kids because of Brown. Guy could mow down a lot of people trying to tackle him. The best thing thinking back was how, after they got off him, he would lay the ball down and just walk back to the huddle...........and do it again. No dancing, prancing BS, just hardnose football. Guy was a monster on the field, and a lot of defensive player probably lost sleep the night before the game because of him. RIP.

1963-1027-jim-brown-nlc_05200jpg.jpg

He was the real deal. He fought for equality, not special privileges. He was a patriot, believing everything he was able to achieve was because he was in America. He worked with troubled youths for decades. He didn't just write checks and pay lip service. We've lost a great one.

I think he was the greatest football player ever. Maybe tied with Jim Thorpe. Brown is the only NFL player to average 100 rushing yards per game for his entire career. And he believed he was a better lacrosse player. Pictured here at Syracuse University.
1200x0.jpg

Last edited:
Just read Jim Brown passed away. We were Brown's fans as kids because of Brown. Guy could mow down a lot of people trying to tackle him. The best thing thinking back was how, after they got off him, he would lay the ball down and just walk back to the huddle...........and do it again. No dancing, prancing BS, just hardnose football. Guy was a monster on the field, and a lot of defensive player probably lost sleep the night before the game because of him. RIP.

View attachment 1716091881
A man's man from the era.
Mly father had the utmost respect for any man that worked and was professional, responsible etc. and even more lovable for being a Great American Athlete.

RIP Big Jim Brown to a good life.

-
Back