Clevitte Main Bearings with slotted oil feed - Looking for PN

-

TurboGLH

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure what thread it was in, but someone linked the below article from 2008, nothing too interesting, but it had a picture for a set of #3 main bearings that have a slot vs a hole (like in the Sanborn thread). I've looked in the clevite books and searched both jegs and summit, no luck figuring out the part number.

Maybe someone else has some more input

Mopar Rod and Main Bearing Guide - Mopar Muscle Magazine - Hot Rod

mopp_0806_03_z-clevite-half_groove_engine_bearings.jpg

I'm not sure what thread it was in, but someone linked the below article from 2008, nothing too interesting, but it had a picture for a set of #3 main bearings that have a slot vs a hole (like in the Sanborn thread). I've looked in the clevite books and searched both jegs and summit, no luck figuring out the part number.

Maybe someone else has some more input

Mopar Rod and Main Bearing Guide - Mopar Muscle Magazine - Hot Rod

View attachment 1715492654

That is the oiling groove for the thrust sides , I`ve never seen a thrust bearing that didn`t have them, sbc, 426 hemis, 440`s -------------

That is the oiling groove for the thrust sides , I`ve never seen a thrust bearing that didn`t have them, sbc, 426 hemis, 440`s -------------

Not talking about the thrust face.

Oil supply hole, where is feeds from the block is normally a hole (like shown below). A mod to increase oil flow and time is to slot the feed hole.

clevite-77-high-performance-bearings-318.jpeg

Not talking about the thrust face.

Oil supply hole, where is feeds from the block is normally a hole (like shown below). A mod to increase oil flow and time is to slot the feed hole.

View attachment 1715492968

I've written bout this before, but the slot does absolutely nothing. That's why the manufacturers stopped doing it.

At one time I had a fixture to hold the mains so I could buy half groove mains and cut the other groove myself, and then I could slot the hole. Slotting the hole was a giant waste of time.

we used to drill the slots round 3/8 for 11/32 main feed
sometimes the round holes do not linr up so they get drilled/ chamfered too
9 sort of a NACA duct on the flow side straight on the other

-
Back