Clicking noise from dragging front brake

-

jwh70valiant

Reaction score
I recently had a shop complete some front end work on my 72 Duster. There is still some play in the steering, but the main concern came from the brakes. After one of the rear shoes fell off in the drum not a day after having the car back, a couple days later I noticed a clicking sound coming from the driver's side front of the vehicle. The sound stayed in tune with the speed of the wheels spinning. I jacked the car up in my garage to find that the wheel only completed 3/4 of a turn before stopping. I replaced the wheel bearing, which turned out not to be the issue. After adjusting the star adjuster on the shoes, (original drum brakes all around), the sound disappeared. Now, the sound has returned. So, my guess is that the brake shoes, "adjusted" themselves and are now, once again, hitting the drum slightly even when not in use.

Maybe this is a simple question, but what did I do wrong? I know it is dragging, as well, by how hot that wheel is after driving compared to the others. The brakes were redone in 2014 and were inspected, supposedly, by this shop a few weeks ago.

maybe you should take the drum off and get it checked...it could be out of round. i

-
Back