clifford 4 barrel intake?

-

srixon4406

TURBO TOAD
Reaction score
I got a question I have a Clifford intake for my soon to be /6 turbo build
The question I have my intake is set up to run my carb parallel to the front of the car I have seen many setups where the carb runs the same way as the motor is there any benefits to running your carb one way or another my take on it is to run it the way I have it. It looks like the carb would distribute the gas flow evenly please chime in with your opinion
Aaron

I ran mine running with the motor because my tranni kick down cable
and throttle cable are too short to run the other way.

Yah that's what I was thinking to in order for me to run it that way I'd have to fab up some kind of pulley set up for the throttle cable or something else but it did get me thinking is there a advantage to running he carb parallel to the front of the car with better flow of the carb
I don't no thou it was just my mind working in overdrive
Aaron

I think it has to do with fuel slosh from bowl to bowl also. There are some guy who run it that way on here so maybe they'll chime in.

Here are a couple of pictures of what I did when I mounted mine years ago. I went to pick and pull and got a throttle cable and kick down off a four cylinder Plymouth/dodge, not sure I think it was a neon.
Hope the pictures help
dartengine2nd.jpg
IMG_0482.jpg
IMG_0778.jpg

ok so the reason for running the primaries parallel with the head so that you have more even fuel distribution...

Attachments

• 100_3477.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 463
I ran a Holley facing front for a while on a cammed motor then got rid of the POS for a Carter 400cfm off a Buick and that is also facing front and I have never had a fuel sloshing problem. This is on a daily driver. The only time I have heard of a issue is with a race car.

100_5975.jpg

Yah I'm doing a turbo build and I'm trying to get the best performance out of my /6 I can.
But to me it looks like it would flow better with the primary facing the motor
Aaron

Here are a couple of pictures of what I did when I mounted mine years ago. I went to pick and pull and got a throttle cable and kick down off a four cylinder Plymouth/dodge, not sure I think it was a neon.
Hope the pictures help
dartengine2nd.jpg
IMG_0482.jpg
IMG_0778.jpg

duder you have some major carb/tuning issues..

you've had some reversion/carb popping/needle seat sticking action going on...

I run All my 4 BBLs with the primaries towards the head.I believe you get MUCH better fuel distribution.
Since you almost all ways need a custom linkage it is really no problem.
Frank

I have well over 3.000 miles on my 390 Holley, Like JR. never a broblem for my daily driver, But I am coung to face my primaries towards the head this winter.
Frank is my tec adviser along with Challie_s and Dan. 8)and Bill Dedman is making some moves on a /6 =P~

Attachments

• Duals%20all%20HOOKED%20UP%20033.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 431
somebody need to go run it at the track and then come back with a slip showing a better et from facing the carburetor toward the head, or even a dyno test.

somebody need to go run it at the track and then come back with a slip showing a better et from facing the carburetor toward the head, or even a dyno test.

With the primaries dropping in the front of the manifold 123 side and not in the middle I would bet $ that if you put them in the middle it will mix and be more effective and run cleaner and faster :happy10:

-
Back