Clone Cooling

-

hemicop

Reaction score
As you can see from my post in this thread, I have a bit of an "issue" with cooling my Dart. Size-wise, the radiator is as big as I can fit in the thing, the fans are about 13ins each and I'm running a Milodon waterpump with, IIRC, a 7in crank pulley & 5in waterpump pulley.
Grant it the engine is big, strong, high compression but I see guys running 800,1000hp or more on the street without an issue. Anyone have any ideas?

As you can see from my post in this thread, I have a bit of an "issue" with cooling my Dart. Size-wise, the radiator is as big as I can fit in the thing, the fans are about 13ins each and I'm running a Milodon waterpump with, IIRC, a 7in crank pulley & 5in waterpump pulley.
Grant it the engine is big, strong, high compression but I see guys running 800,1000hp or more on the street without an issue. Anyone have any ideas?
Have u tried the pulleys the same size ? Alum. 1 1/4 or 1 1/12' tube crossflow, w/ a shroud. MECH. fan w/ an elec booster in front ?

Originally, I had the same size pulleys & was told that was the problem. "Griffin Radiator" tells me the rad. does have 1 1/4 tubes. I don't think it's a cross-flow.

Contact Glen Ray, Bob knows his stuff when it comes to cooling the big motor clones.

This is an old post, but does anyone know where, or a part # for a 5" , single belt water pump pulley for a hemi or a r/b ??

-
Back