Cloning my Barracuda

-

1967 'cuda

Dropped on Head as a Baby
Reaction score
NICE! I love the fact that the front fenders come off the body! That's a nice model, what they use for a power plant under the hood in it?

I myself, am going to seek out a 1968 or 69 cuda for a model to build as a friend has on here....I just got to run across the model, at some point!

NICE! I love the fact that the front fenders come off the body! That's a nice model, what they use for a power plant under the hood in it?

I myself, am going to seek out a 1968 or 69 cuda for a model to build as a friend has on here....I just got to run across the model, at some point!

I started with the HIGHWAY 61 & SUPER CAR COLLECTIBLE 1:18 BLACK 1968 BARRACUDA HEMI STREET MACHINE. Originally I had bought it to set on the shelf 'as is'. But it's made so well that it's a good candidate for modding. The hood is actually held on by real hood pins. The glove box door opens. The seats adjust forward and back. The antenna can be raised or lowered. The steering is functional. Doors and trunk open. Flocked carpeting. Working suspension (coil springs above the factory plastic pieces). The sun visors adjust up or down. It even has a headliner. The Hemi engine has plug wires. It's a nice piece.

View attachment banner3.jpg

[ame]http://www.ebay.com/itm/HIGHWAY-61-SUPER-CAR-COLLECTIBLE-1-18-BLACK-1968-BARRACUDA-HEMI-STREET-MACHINE-/390848571011?pt=Diecast_Vehicles&hash=item5b0063e683[/ame]

DAMN! That's a nice model with all that! Comes with a 426 then. GREAT motor choice for that car.....

That a pic of yours then?

That's cool! What was the difference to the 67 to the 68? Not much as far as I know on the grill anyway.....

That's cool! What was the difference to the 67 to the 68? Not much as far as I know on the grill anyway.....

The 67s didn't have any window trim on the windshield or rear glass. (I did add trim to my "67 though) The 67s did not have side marker lights. The trunk trim including tail lights are different too. ^7s and 69s had reverse lights on the rear valance while 68s had the reverse lights incorporated in the tail light assemblies. The 67s had separate chrome P L Y M O U T H letters across the front header panel while the 68s used a smaller Plymouth emblem on the left hand side instead.

The 67s didn't have any window trim on the windshield or rear glass. (I did add trim to my "67 though) The 67s did not have side marker lights. The trunk trim including tail lights are different too. ^7s and 69s had reverse lights on the rear valance while 68s had the reverse lights incorporated in the tail light assemblies. The 67s had separate chrome P L Y M O U T H letters across the front header panel while the 68s used a smaller Plymouth emblem on the left hand side instead.

I'm sorry!!! I ment the grilles, you put a 67 in your 68 right? Or Vice-Versa, a 68 grill in your 67....?

That was the "difference" I was talking/asking about.... the car bodies had a few but the grilles I don't believe did......But, I could be wrong.

I put '68 grills in my '67. I liked the '68 better. At first look you would think the differences are only cosmetic, but the attachment points are different and it takes a lot of modification to install the '68 grills in the '67 grill surrounds.

1967 grill:

View attachment rear2.jpg

1968 grill:

View attachment v.jpg

I'd love to find just a 426 Hemi motor in 1:16th that I could set out to detail, myself.........But they seem to be difficult to find! (I haven't even found an expensive one!)

I'd love to find just a 426 Hemi motor in 1:16th that I could set out to detail, myself.........But they seem to be difficult to find! (I haven't even found an expensive one!)

[ame="http://www.ebay.com/itm/Testors-Lincoln-Mint-Metal-Series-426-Dodge-Hemi-1-16-Scale-/161318603748?pt=Diecast_Vehicles&hash=item258f568be4"]Testors Lincoln Mint Metal Series 426 Dodge Hemi 1 16 Scale | eBay[/ame]

[ame="http://www.ebay.com/itm/DODGE-HEMI-426-RACING-ENGINE-LIBERTY-CLASSICS-1-16-SCALE-DIE-CAST-REPLICA-/360935468031?pt=Diecast_Vehicles&hash=item54096e2bff"]Dodge Hemi 426 Racing Engine Liberty Classics 1 16 Scale Die Cast Replica | eBay[/ame]

[ame="http://www.ebay.com/itm/Big-Scale-1-16-Dodge-Charger-Fast-and-Furious-Hemi-with-Blower-Dukes-of-Hazzard-/131145749875?pt=Model_Kit_US&hash=item1e88e55573"]Big Scale 1 16 Dodge Charger Dukes of Hazzard Factory SEALED Box Free Shipping | eBay[/ame]

-
Back