CLR And Overheating

-

pacuda59

pacuda59
Reaction score
I was thinking of putting a mixture of CLR and distilled water in the radiator in an attempt to clean out my heater core. My plan is to put it in before the two hour ride to Carlisle. It's all interstate driving and I'm wondering if I might be setting myself up for overheating?

Do you think you might get cold on the way? Seriously though, you might be inviting trouble. To go on the road with that mix could cause problems. Sometimes cleaning out the gunk causes leaks to develop. Radiators and heater cores sometimes have stop leak in them and cleaning them out shows the leaks. I sent my radiator on Challenger to rad repair shop to clean and fix slight leak on tank seam. When the dunked it and cleaned out, the core was leaking like a sieve. Now I need a new radiator.

Yeah that stuff works GOOD, but I am not sure I would try it on a trip either. More like sittin in the yard idling a while.

Sure would suck having other drivers saying "did you see that poor guy with the beautiful blue Barracuda broken down on the way to Carlisle..."

Sure would suck having other drivers saying "did you see that poor guy with the beautiful blue Barracuda broken down on the way to Carlisle..."

LOL...you read my mind Goldfish!

Thanks guys, I think I'll wait for a weekend I have a lot of around-town errands to run.

Happy 4th

-
Back