Cluster of clusters

-

siacs

Reaction score
The instrument cluster that came in my '70 Duster (just realized today it is not a '71 like I have thought for the past 8 years......pays to look at the title now and then.... ooohh the shame). is different then the one's that I see. It looks like the one that is in the pic's that I saw posted by moparfreak77
http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2631309040058190457dcQkRn
it is kinda beat up so I have found another cluster but it has the round guages and looks like all of the duster clusters that I have seen. The original had rectangle-ish guages.
I would like to find one that came in the car but just don't see them in Dusters.
Anything special about this style of cluster? Where or how to locate one?Which years etc. to look for?
Any info on this would be of great help.
Sorry no pic's ATM

After searching around for a while it seems that 1970 were different than 1971. Can anyone confirm this

Well I'm sorry to be the one to tell you but if the car pictured in that link is the one you are talikng about, it's not a 71 or a Duster for that matter it's a 67 or 68 Plymouth Valiant ( the car that the Duster was based on). Dusters came with 2 options for the cluster 1. 340 Ralley dash that were round with 150mph speedo or 2. 318/ slant six dash that was simular to the one you have pictured but gas/oil etc.. are round and speedo square with fake wood grain.

I hope this helps.

Well I'm sorry to be the one to tell you but if the car pictured in that link is the one you are talikng about, it's not a 71 or a Duster for that matter it's a 67 or 68 Plymouth Valiant ( the car that the Duster was based on).

I know it is a valiant. It just has the same style of dash cluster that was in my '70 Duster when I bought it

Dusters came with 2 options for the cluster 1. 340 Ralley dash that were round with 150mph speedo or 2. 318/ slant six dash that was simular to the one you have pictured but gas/oil etc.. are round and speedo square with fake wood grain.

If this was the only other option (Ralley or gas,oil,etc round speedo square) then maybe the cluster that was in my Duster when I bought it is from another model?????

I hope this helps

Your car just has the standard dash in it not the optional Rallye dash.

newdash3small.jpg

-
Back