Cluster size

-

straightlinespeed

Sometimes I pretend to be normal
Reaction score
So I was making a template from a spare cluster I have and I ran into something that threw me off. The template is for aftermarket gauges mounting into a stock bezel. So Im wondering if all the clusters are like this.

It seems that they taper from smaller to bigger from left to right. I measure about 3-3/4" on the Left and 4" on the right. I just figured that it would be symmetrical all the way around. Would someone be willing to take 2 measurements on theirs? One on the left side one on the right side.

View attachment IMG_20140423_194302_764.jpg

View attachment IMG_20140423_194315_475.jpg

they taper down a bit on the LH side even the rallye cluster does. the bottom is straight across. i would make all my dimensions from the lower trim going upwards to make sure the gages are straight across.

heres a pic of the template i have made from cardstock for my barracuda rallye dash to put a custom gage setup in. i made my measurements from the bottom edge going upwards so they would be straight across. look at it to the left side you will see a slight taper here too.

hope this helps.
Matt

Attachments

• 360.JPG
    108.1 KB · Views: 138
  • 359.JPG
    90 KB · Views: 112
  • cuda dash 1.JPG
    99.4 KB · Views: 130
Interesting! I wonder why that is?

By the way nice job with your mock up. I really suck making these things. I should ask my daughter to do it for me. LOL

-
Back