clutch fan

-
Hi Chuckdoc , in a word, yes . Did it solve the issue , no . Everything works great . the fan clutch and the high flow thermostat and the high flow water pump are super . The flow of coolant is great also . However , I am almost positive there is not enough volume . Motor gets hot (210d.) after idle for about 15 minutes but does not puke . My next step is to thoroughly clean inside of block with citric acid . A $3.98 expense . If unsuccessful I plan to purchase an aluminum radiator for a 67-69 bb Dart/Cuda 3 row to increase the volume a bit . thanks for asking . It is a fresh build and there are bound to be teething issues . Later , Tom
Well, good deal. I hope you get it figured out. Since its a fresh rebuild, hopefully all the intake gaskets and head gaskets are right, and some water port aren't being blocked or anything crazy like that. How cool would a clear radiator hose be, one that you could see if water was flowing hard through it once the thermostat opens. I guess you could always take out the thermostat and the fire up the car when cold, and have a hose disconnected, and see if the flow is strong at that point.

Hi inertia , bottom hose replaced with 1 3/4"x1 3/4" x13 1/2" long wire in it . It is off the shelf Gates , forgot the # . thank you for asking

-
Back