clutch fork and pivot issues.

-

zakimodo

Reaction score
I bought a bellhousing for an a833 od tranny whitch is what i needed. However the pivot is a ball stud type deal. All the pivots i am finding are different. And i cant fint a cluthc fork that works with this stud pivot. Any clue what mess i have goten myself into?

If you have a ball pivot, you have a truck bellhousing. Try a clutch fork for a pickup that is 833 O/D equipped or have your bell drilled for the car style bolt in pivot. Betcha the bosses are there.

I had a truck A833OD \6 bellhousing that I used in my 68 Barracuda before I swapped in the v8. This bell housing also had the ball stud clutch fork set-up. The fork was about 1-2" longer from the pivot point to where the rod from the z-bar attached compared to the 3spd bellhousing's clutch fork that was in the car.

I used it and it worked fine. I needed to keep the clutch adjusted with less free play because you will get less travel in the pressure plate with the longer fork.

The clutch fork should be matched to the bellhousing this way it will active the clutch as designed.

Chuck

And, it should be for the vehicle body type too. As I stated the \6 truck bellhousing had a fork that was quite a bit longer than the \6 car bellhousing. In my case it worked OK but there is no guarantee it alwyas will.

Here the pictures are.

mopar pics 023.jpg

mopar pics 024.jpg

-
Back