clutch fork install??

-

DARTBOY340

Reaction score
my clutch fork came undone with my engine out. i know it clips on the throw out bearing, but the little spring on the fork; does it go in the bracket in the bell housing or in front of it. i've never paid any attention.

my clutch fork came undone with my engine out. i know it clips on the throw out bearing, but the little spring on the fork; does it go in the bracket in the bell housing or in front of it. i've never paid any attention.

The arm clips into the bracket. It won't just lay in there and work properly.

Good luck with it.

One of my faves you got there! Demon 340 - 4 gear :cheers:

The spring goes from the fork to the bell housing outside by the starter.

no... that spring is still hooked up. i'm talking about inside the bellhousing. that little tab on the backside of the fork.

I have a 70 Swinger that ran the strip most of it"s life with a small block and a lakewood bellhousing with 833 behind it and I can not keep a trowout bering moth than two months. ANY IDEAS WHY?

The clip on the fork goes through the hole on the bracket that is attached to the bell housing. It keeps the fork in position. I ran a fork with the clip broken off and every now and then under WOT acceleration the clutch would hang up for a second or two.

-
Back