clutch fork problems

-

frankenstein74

Reaction score
I have a 74 Dart sport, 360 magnum with carb conversion. I have a Tremec 5 speed conversion that came with a dual disc clutch & the Lakewood style scatter shield. I did away with the duel disk system and just went with a standard clutch setup. Now my clutchscatter shield scatter shield fork opening before it can engage the throwout bearing to the pressure plate. I don't know what's wrong. anybody else ever had this problem?

Now my clutchscatter shield scatter shield fork opening before it can engage the throwout bearing to the pressure plate. I don't know what's wrong. anybody else ever had this problem?
I'm not sure what your asking, you want to try again?

I think I know what you are trying to say, correct me if I am wrong but it sounds like the clutch fork is hitting the back of the opening in the bellhousing before the clutch disengages. The cure is to make a shim to put between the clutch fork swivel bracket and bell to shim the clutch fork and throwout bearing closer to the pressure plate. I had to make a 1/4 inch shim and longer bolts to correct this problem on my Quicktime bellhousing but its trial an area on thickness of shim dependent on the length end through of your clutch linkage.

-
Back