clutch fork?

-
According to the 1970 parts manual there was only one fork used for all engine sizes avaiable in A-bodies (so /six to 340 are the same) 2800848 is the p/n

lol, actually that who im dealing with right now. Im ordering the rest of my bellhousing covers, bolts, bearing retainer from Brewers. I asked him if i needed a different clutch fork and he had no idea if the slant six clutch fork was the same as the v8 fork. I need to get the stuff ordered today so i need to make SURE I can reuse my slant clutchfork. Dropin new motor in duster this weekend

Is this clutch fork for your 74 duster?
I can call NAPA and see if they are the same applaction part.

:cheers:You are good to go!!
NAPA shows the same part # is the same for /6 or 340.:read2:

:cheers:You are good to go!!
NAPA shows the same part # is the same for /6 or 340.:read2:

thank you very much mike, that leaves a few more bucks in my pocket and that means we can finish putin the 360 in my duster this weekend!!! I never thought about calling napa:read2:

I am using a \6 fork in a sb bellhousing. It works but I am not convinced it is the same. When the free play in the pedal is adjusted correctly stroking the pedal to the floor puts the pressure plate fingers into the disk. Been running it with a block of wood under the carpet so I can't push the pedal to the floor.

I had called Brewers about this topic and they didn't know for sure. I measured the overall length the best I could with the fork installed and it appeared to be the same. The issue I have would be rectified if the distance from the pivot to where the clutch rod goes through was longer.

I have a new sb fork from Brewers that I will be installing when I pull the tranny in a week or two and I will be able to confirm if there are any differences. The overall length could be the same but if the pivot isn't in the same place you may have to little or in my case to much travel at the throw out bearing.

BTW, the bb block fork is definately different.

In my 76 parts book they list one fork for both 6 and 8 cylinder engines, however, they list two different torque shafts. Maybe thats the trouble. I am putting together a swap to a 5.9 here soon, so I am interested as well.

-
Back