Clutch Grinding

-
Did I win something? Where are the scantily clad women with my trophy? Forget the trophy, just show me the girls... where are my shades...... Ok ready!
Honey, don't come in here, for a minute!

List your non-stock parts. It sounds like your mis-matched pieces may be causing the problems.

None of the parts I listed are non-stock. They are all reproductions of the original parts purchased at Brewers.

I have the shorter one installed and it works perfect with my CenterForce and any disc I have slammed in there.

Do you know if the short Fork Pivot is correct? Brewer told me that the small one is for a big block and the larger one is for the small block. They should know, but I still wonder how and why my three 482 Bell Housings had the small Fork Pivot. it's interesting that AJ/FormS hasn't had any issues if the smaller Fork Pivot is for a big block. Does anybody else know for sure which Fork Pivot is stock for the small block?

With the pedal up, how much clearance do you have from fingers to release bearing?

I had about 1/8" between the Pressure Plate fingers and the TOB.

You only have to push it far enough to disconnect the engine from the transmission, so you can shift the dang thing. And if it does that at 50% pedal travel or at 80% travel it makes no never mind, as long as it gets done.

I will have to consider this next time, although I've always liked the clutch to engage/disengage more toward the top of the pedal travel than near the bottom.

Passon Performance could be another source.
If you're meeting the shift requirements, disengage, engage, and finger clearance, I'd say you have an adequate height pivot.
You're not extended way out on the adjustment are you?
The tall pivot will also change where your fork tips land on the release bearing pads.

-
Back