Clutch pedal assy into a 62 lancer

-

DART66GT

62 Lancer GT - B Body 8 3/4
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Good afternoon,

I will be swapping a 4 speed into my 62 later this year, I am going to change over the pedal assy soon. Will the rod from the master cyl. work with the manual pedals?

Thanks

Yes, never had an issue with this swap and the brake pedal rod length being different.

If you use heavy Spring presure on the Pressure Plate you might want to be aware of this...

Good Luck!

Greg

If you use heavy Spring presure on the Pressure Plate you might want to be aware of this...

Good Luck!

Greg
Thanks for the replies! I wish there were pics of the mods in the post about reinforcements. I used the thicker tube on my 66 dart.

Thanks for the replies! I wish there were pics of the mods in the post about reinforcements. I used the thicker tube on my 66 dart.

I think there are pictures in the link I shared.

There are pics of your mod, but their was another guy who talked about mods to the thin tube for extra strength. I have 2 z bars I think they are both for 63 valiants and I have a 62 lancer so I maybe be modding mine anyway.

I could see the need for reinforcing the "Z" bar if you're using a beefed up Borg and Beck style clutch. I've seen them fail in high mileage cars with little abuse and lots of use. With modern HP diaphram clutches I would think their would be less of a necessity to reinforce this item. Am I mistaken in this belief ?

Yes you are correct sir!

If you have a diaphragm style PP then probably no need for this mod.

Greg

-
Back