C'mon man

-
MY 62 Lancer still has the 3 on tree, trans sitting out of it, and I has a floor hump and the 230 3 speed for it IF the next guy wants !!!!! IFI do it for myself,the col. shifter goes away and it will shift from the floor.
I want it. I caint afford it. lol

I want it. I caint afford it. lol
The only time I have ever seen anyone actually try to make a deal for it, was when a local ish guy wanted to trade me parts! I ain't in the parts business.

There is a guy down in Houston that as a decent running/driving 72 Dart for sale, 225 slant. I hav thought about buyingit and pulling it s good slant for th toad and drop in a 318 or 383 I have. I might IF he finally figures out no one will pay his
price and if it gets where I want it. Its gets cheaper every couple weeks. But like he says IT is RARE and you just don't see them!!!!! Rightttttt. :BangHead:

My car was originally a 3 speed floor shift and the previous owner put in a 727 but left the manual trans floor hump in the car. Oh the travesty of not finishing the job and replace the floor.

Could be rust he just bought the car that way, and either hasn’t had time to work on it, isn’t a mechanically inclined individual, or doesn’t give a ****. If I go to shows, I usually don’t let people know which car is mine, and will stand by and listen to some of the comments people make about my car. I remember a couple of guys talking about how my GTX couldn’t be a real X because it didn’t have the correct gas cap or taillights, 2 items that back then were really expensive and almost impossible to find. I got the car that way, and I’m sure all the high dollar hard to find parts were pilfered at the paint shop and 66 satellite taillights and a twist on gas cap we’re already on it. I laughed with them about it like they were so knowledgeable, then opened the trunk to get a beverage, and to watch their eyes open wide, knowing they were bashing the owner of the car to his face. The guy parked next to me was laughing under his breath, and later offered me the gas cap bezel for $30 ( ( a $300 piece if you could even find it) and he would ship it to me. I took the chance and sure enough, a couple days later it arrived in the mail.

So, to the original poster, maybe consider why it hasn’t been “corrected” before you start an entire thread about it here.
Like I said earlier. I didn't comment while at the show. Just thoguht to myself how bad it looked. So buying a car "that way" is an excuse to not make it somewhat right? Even if the guy bought the car the day before it doesn't take long to remove the handle from the column. Looked wrong from every angle looking inside the car. I can't imagine owning a 50+ year old car and not being somewhat mechanically inclined. With all the info you can find online it boils down to laziness.

Like I said earlier. I didn't comment while at the show. Just thoguht to myself how bad it looked. So buying a car "that way" is an excuse to not make it somewhat right? Even if the guy bought the car the day before it doesn't take long to remove the handle from the column. Looked wrong from every angle looking inside the car. I can't imagine owning a 50+ year old car and not being somewhat mechanically inclined. With all the info you can find online it boils down to laziness.
I agree....... but I also agree with the fact it is their car, and the guy can paint it rainbow colors if he wants.. I give a chit. But... I am just the sort to "screw up" an original car by taking off the column shifter handle, cutting off the nub, grinding it all down,covering the hole and painting it back where noone could ever tell. Sometimes my wife calls me "asshole, too!

When I first bought my GTX many moons ago, it had a broken center console in it, mounted very questionably, and basically cobbled in place. It still had the column shift lever in it. After pulling the motor for a repair, I decided to remove the console and return it back to column shift, but since it didn’t have the frame bracket to column lever, I had to seek it out. See what could be keeping this fellow from possibly doing the same?

I have a Challenger that was originally column shifted... I'm gathering parts to swap in a TKX.. One of the first parts I got was the three column collars... They are currently out being powder coated....

I was always warned if you aren't using it you'll lose it... Well in this case it's needs to be removed, it won't fall off...

Uhhhh, those column collars are pot metal while the rest of the assembly is steel. I hope your coater is equipped with knowledge and experience to return well finished parts instead of ruined, bubbled metal and an apology.

I'm dealing with this in my 69' Dart currently.
Switching from column to floor shift.
Found the right column for it but the bearings don't roll smooth (can you change the bearings in a steering column?) . Don't know if water got in there or something.
Seems like it'll still work though.
How hard is it to swap out a steering column anyways? Never done it before.

The coupler at the steering box can be stubborn to remove and reinstall, but the column comes out pretty easy. Pound out the pin between the coupler and the box, and then the 3 bolts inside the car at the firewall, then the 3 bolts up by the dash then the two electrical connectors and it slides right out. Getting it back in can be a 1 person job, but it is so much easier with 2. While it's out, I'd rebuild the coupler too, super easy and cheap to do. I replaced the lower bearing on mine, which was a plastic bushing, with a steel bearing. I believe there's a pinned thread in the steering forum with the part number for it. I didn't replace the upper bearing, but they aren't too expensive to buy.

Looked for the steering column rebuild article but the video there is long gone. Doesn't work. Couldn't find any other thead on it.

I'm dealing with this in my 69' Dart currently.
Switching from column to floor shift.
Found the right column for it but the bearings don't roll smooth (can you change the bearings in a steering column?) . Don't know if water got in there or something.
Seems like it'll still work though.
How hard is it to swap out a steering column anyways? Never done it before.
Although the video series is for E Body column this video series on column removal and restore helped me a lot when I did work on my column recently. Its a 4 part series and here's the link to part 1

-
Back