coilovers

-

RyanUpdike70

Reaction score
i going to buy some coilovers i have some comp engineering non adjustable. I want to get some adjustables to hopefully lower my 60 ft time and get it to hook better. What kind should i get and what kind of spring i was told strange is the best. The car is a 71 duster not sure what it weighs

you really should know the weight of the rear end of the car,,or you may be playing the spring rate swap game,,,shipping springs back and forth,,,depending on who you buy them thru,they may not exchange for free ,,,i have QA1 on the rear,,,and pro shock on the front,,

any of the companies can help you with your needs,,but they will want to know the weight of the car on the rear axel,,,

you really should know the weight of the rear end of the car,,or you may be playing the spring rate swap game,,,shipping springs back and forth,,,depending on who you buy them thru,they may not exchange for free ,,,i have QA1 on the rear,,,and pro shock on the front,,

any of the companies can help you with your needs,,but they will want to know the weight of the car on the rear axel,,,

yep you cam weigh it at a truck stop,feed store,moving company,and ect....

if your hotrod is close to stock weight use 110's back and 400's on the front. weighing the hotrod and using the charts will get you a spring that is much to heavy. you will be able to tune the suspension mush better with a lighter spring.

i going to buy some coilovers i have some comp engineering non adjustable. I want to get some adjustables to hopefully lower my 60 ft time and get it to hook better. What kind should i get and what kind of spring i was told strange is the best. The car is a 71 duster not sure what it weighs

I would run an adjustable coilover shock and run a 110# at 12 inches long and get a shock with at least a 5in travel and front same thing but run a 250# everything else is to stiff.

My Dart is 3000lbs I run Strange dbl adjust. on rear 14 in shock with 110 lb springs, preload springs about 1 in. You need to install shocks in the middle of their travel at ride height so they can work. The lighter spring reacts faster but wears out sooner, if you race much you should expect to replace springs every season.

-
Back