Cold air Pics

-

lenweiler

Reaction score
Finished my 'Tub'. Should be good for a few more ponies.

IMG_0843.jpg

IMG_0844.jpg

looking good! what kind of sheetmetal did you use and what kind of "foam" ? planing to do the same thing on my duster with a sixpack scoop:)

Nice, I need to do that too, yours kinda` reminds me of a birthday cake! Wouldn`t scoops work better if they were off center? I guess that wouldn`t be asthetically pleasing. What is the offset on yours? I like your valve covers, are those the Moroso fabricated ones?

Damn that looks cool! I am sort of wanting to do something like that to my 69 Dart Swinger but I just can'tbring myself to remove the original bulge hood.I just love the style of those 69 Dart Bulge Hoods!

Bobby

The foam is from Moroso. The sheetmetal is .050" aluminum. Very light. And stiff. Carb offset is approx. 1& 5/8". And yes. The vc's are also Moroso.

Very nice indeed. I am doing a cold air intake like that but with a lil twist. I will post pics of it when i get it done around the first or second week of july. Here is a lil hint... anyone ever used chimney piping for an intake? Haha... let your minds work on that.

lenweiler said:
The foam is from Moroso. The sheetmetal is .050" aluminum. Very light. And stiff. Carb offset is approx. 1& 5/8". And yes. The vc's are also Moroso.

great:) will order some of that foam and buy some aluminum sheetmetal
thanks!

1969340dart said:
Damn that looks cool! I am sort of wanting to do something like that to my 69 Dart Swinger but I just can'tbring myself to remove the original bulge hood.I just love the style of those 69 Dart Bulge Hoods!

Bobby

Cold air is a proven hp potential. Sometimes up to a .10 et, or more. But I understand your delema.

I have been thinking about doing the same. Was wondering how much it
would help ET wize. I have the K/N top on the 14in. K/N filter. The filter is
the 4in tall one. Was wondering about the foam to seal it. The top of my
filter is right at the top of the hood line. You can look right in the front of
the stock 73-74 scoop and see it. Would it realy help that much?

If you're thinking about ram effect; it's not going to happen. That happens only at a very height, and then, not much. Main thing is to draw in the cooler, unrestricted outside air. Have a look at the cars that run hard at the track the next time.

You dont have to cut your bulge hood, just take it off, store it and buy a cheap flat hood or a fibreglass one.
That's what i did.
Mike

test_tune_june_155.jpg

Would building one work with a velocity stack air cleaner? I have the one from K&N. It fits in the snorkle scoop. Or does the filter have to be at the base of the sheet metal?

18_15a.jpg

Dang 340Dart and MikeD... you two have some rad rides. I thought I would hate the snorkel hood scoop on a Dart... I was totally wrong. Looks pretty nice in my opinion!

I made one for my car using the base of a boat flame arrester riveted to a 28x28 piece of aluminum with moroso foam and 4 zuse fasteners secured to supports coming of the valve covers. But a word of advise I was told by a stock eliminator guy is that for every 8" you wand to drill a 5/8 hole along the back of the pan to let dead air escape because otherwise you carb will be drawing from partially stagnant air thus eliminating the effectiveness of the scoop.

-
Back