Cold Case Radiator Hoses

-

DionR

Reaction score
Brother is struggling with radiator hoses for his 6.4 swap, running a Cold Case swap radiator with PS inlet and outlet.

What has been used to get them to connect without kinking? Part numbers would be great.

Thanks!

Sure looks like a stock LX upper would work... Lower may have to be sectioned. Have you reached out to them to see if they have suggestions?

Good luck getting Cold Case to respond. I queried them here 5 or 6 times because I wanted to check on a new radiator. All I got was the sound of crickets, I bought elsewhere.

I was going to try a stock upper LX hose and a Gates 20608, which is off a 1980ish Ford Econoline van with a 6 cyl for the lower.

Sure looks like a stock LX upper would work... Lower may have to be sectioned. Have you reached out to them to see if they have suggestions?

The Cold Case radiator top connection is towards the center of the car, maybe 6" closer to the centerline than an LX radiator. In the end, the top connection is almost lined right up with the thermostat on the motor. So I don't think an LX one would work.

The bottom one is about the same where they line up pretty close and make it difficult to get to fit.

He bough and cut up a couple of hoses so far but isn't getting anywhere.

Sure seems like a bunch of people have used Cold Case radiators, surely someone has come up with something already.

I was going to try a stock upper LX hose and a Gates 20608, which is off a 1980ish Ford Econoline van with a 6 cyl for the lower.

Did you swap to a different radiator or were you already running a Cold Case swap radiator? Drawing a blank.

have a look at a 04ish Ram 5.7 lower

You may find that 1.75 to be a continuing issue in trying to find something without mods

Did you swap to a different radiator or were you already running a Cold Case swap radiator? Drawing a blank.
I'm using a Northern LS swap radiator. I realized after I replied that mine likely has the connections further out than that vertical flow radiator.

I just remembered that I have a similar setup in Hoopty.. Lower hose location anyway.

I just used what I had off the donor car. The lower hose was a stock hose for an oil cooler setup. I cut into 3 pieces.. Section before splice, the splice and section after the splice. I just kept trimming the rubber until the pieces made what I needed, using the oil cooler section as the splice. Unfortunately I don't have a good Pic of the hose installed.. Just this teaser pic

If you don't have an oil cooler, just grab a splice off Amazon.. 10 bucks. Also, if you've never tried the gates heat shrink clamps, they're awesome

If you need an oil cooler, let me know.. I got one for ya.. Probably won't fit on a stock K tho

Screenshot_20240516-080814_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240516-080648_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240516-082258_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240516-085258_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240516-085150_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
-
Back