Cold Case

-
You will get lots of feedback from those who own a Cold Case. I don't have one, but I do know from reading a lot in this forum that they have an excellent reputation. I don't think you can go wrong with one.

May want to call them.
That radiator shows for '67 up dart, not '66.
Early A's have a smaller engine compartment.
Not saying it won't fit. But mods may be needed.
I would get a tape measure and the dimensions from the site at least.

May want to call them.
That radiator shows for '67 up dart, not '66.
Early A's have a smaller engine compartment.
Not saying it won't fit. But mods may be needed.
I would get a tape measure and the dimensions from the site at least.
Yeah its kinda misleading on there site...im gonna call..

20200126_110108.jpg
I'm running a Griffen and fan set up with my 408 I haven't had it on the road yet but was told by many guys it's about the best out there. I guess time will tell.
Cost for every thing was about $1200.

I just put one in a 62 Corvette we're doing a restoration on. It's nice, but attention to detail could have been better. They have two nubs on the bottom that slide into two grommets in the bottom of the radiator support. They were welded on in the wrong places. They were close enough that I was able to lube them up with PBlaster and force them in since the grommets are rubber. Also, the driver's side of the bottom tank was made in such a way that we had to cut the driver's side end of the bottom of the radiator support to make it fit, and the bottom tank was so wide front to back, that it hit the front ends of the frame rails and kept the two nubs on the bottom tank so far away from the grommets there was no way they would go in until we also trimmed the ends of the frame rails up. Of course, this car has gotten a Mustang II coil over front suspension along with a lot of other non original parts, so it's not like it's a correct restoration. But still, that's a lot of modding to do for something that costs a lot of money. It should have fit right. Lastly, the bottom frame of the core also had a bend in it from shipping. It was not bad and will not effect performance, but still, it's there. The owner told us to go ahead with it, so we did. I don't mean to be bashing the product, just giving an honest mini review of what we found. It's a nice radiator and I am sure the little stock 327 will never over heat, I just wish the fit and finish had been better. As for the bend in the bottom of the core frame, I'm not sure how it happened. I would assume in shipping, as surely they are inspected before they are shipped. Obviously though, they are not quality controlled very well, or the mounting nubs would have been in the right places.

I just put one in a 62 Corvette we're doing a restoration on. It's nice, but attention to detail could have been better. They have two nubs on the bottom that slide into two grommets in the bottom of the radiator support. They were welded on in the wrong places. They were close enough that I was able to lube them up with PBlaster and force them in since the grommets are rubber. Also, the driver's side of the bottom tank was made in such a way that we had to cut the driver's side end of the bottom of the radiator support to make it fit, and the bottom tank was so wide front to back, that it hit the front ends of the frame rails and kept the two nubs on the bottom tank so far away from the grommets there was no way they would go in until we also trimmed the ends of the frame rails up. Of course, this car has gotten a Mustang II coil over front suspension along with a lot of other non original parts, so it's not like it's a correct restoration. But still, that's a lot of modding to do for something that costs a lot of money. It should have fit right. Lastly, the bottom frame of the core also had a bend in it from shipping. It was not bad and will not effect performance, but still, it's there. The owner told us to go ahead with it, so we did. I don't mean to be bashing the product, just giving an honest mini review of what we found. It's a nice radiator and I am sure the little stock 327 will never over heat, I just wish the fit and finish had been better. As for the bend in the bottom of the core frame, I'm not sure how it happened. I would assume in shipping, as surely they are inspected before they are shipped. Obviously though, they are not quality controlled very well, or the mounting nubs would have been in the right places.
Was that a cold case ?

Sounds like the milodon 9 qt. oil pan , supposed to fit a magnum force front end ----NOT .
Had to change the depth of the front to clear the rack and pinion , and 45 both front corners to clear the k frame .

They were close enough that I was able to lube them up with PBlaster and force them in since the grommets are rubber. Also, the driver's side of the bottom tank was made in such a way that we had to cut the driver's side end of the bottom of the radiator support to make it fit, and the bottom tank was so wide front to back, that it hit the front ends of the frame rails and kept the two nubs on the bottom tank so far away from the grommets there was no way they would go in until we also trimmed the ends of the frame rails up. .
We have moved those nubs 3 times for customers! I don't like to make excuses but that is almost 60 year old car. I'm afraid that the corvette radiator will always be a problem because of the precise size of those nubs. As far as the thickness of the radiator, that's a trade off for performance. Our unit is the largest aluminum 2 row made. Again, not making excuses but the corvette radiators are all very tight squeezes with little room for even the slightest tolerance.

I received the rad. today and the quality looks good, one criticism I have though is the way it was packed. Being a fragile piece I would think C.C. would have molded Styrofoam that hold the rad in place in the box so it cannot move. Not the case...it has some but not enough and the rad had some bent fins from moving around also loose packing material really doing more damage than good. Better packing less returns right??

dart106.jpg

I received the rad. today and the quality looks good, one criticism I have though is the way it was packed. Being a fragile piece I would think C.C. would have molded Styrofoam that hold the rad in place in the box so it cannot move. Not the case...it has some but not enough and the rad had some bent fins from moving around also loose packing material really doing more damage than good. Better packing less returns right??

View attachment 1715502749
Agree 100%. We have started to package all new radiators with a very heavy duty foam enclosure. We had a lot pre-boxed the old way. So it is going to take a while to complete the transition.

If you want us to pick that one up and send you a new one, just PM me! Otherwise, I hope you enjoy running real cool. :)

Agree 100%. We have started to package all new radiators with a very heavy duty foam enclosure. We had a lot pre-boxed the old way. So it is going to take a while to complete the transition.

If you want us to pick that one up and send you a new one, just PM me! Otherwise, I hope you enjoy running real cool. :)
Thanks but no need to return for some bent fins... hope it works as good as it looks

We have moved those nubs 3 times for customers! I don't like to make excuses but that is almost 60 year old car. I'm afraid that the corvette radiator will always be a problem because of the precise size of those nubs. As far as the thickness of the radiator, that's a trade off for performance. Our unit is the largest aluminum 2 row made. Again, not making excuses but the corvette radiators are all very tight squeezes with little room for even the slightest tolerance.

The radiator itself is impressive. I agree, a 60 year old car is difficult to get every one the same for every car. They are quirky little things, but I have a new found respect for them. I like how they are put together. They are easy to work on. I think this particular radiator would probably cool an 800HP big block. It's very substantial.

I have a 49 Dodge truck rat rod project I need a radiator for. I am building it fenderless, with the radiator cowl out front 30s hot rod style. The chopped Model A radiator will be a good fit. What do yall have available for that?

after the statement ''largest alum 2 row made'', how big is it and how big are the tubes >??

after the statement ''largest alum 2 row made'', how big is it and how big are the tubes >??
By 'largest' I mean the tubes. Ours have Dual 1 1/4". that's more volume than other aluminum cores including dual 1", 4 tube, 3 tube and of course small 2 tube. These are all the other core sizes available in aluminum. There are 1.5" tubes for commercial applications but they would not be well suited for our cars.

By 'largest' I mean the tubes. Ours have Dual 1 1/4". that's more volume than other aluminum cores including dual 1", 4 tube, 3 tube and of course small 2 tube. These are all the other core sizes available in aluminum. There are 1.5" tubes for commercial applications but they would not be well suited for our cars.
thanks , i was wondering about the tube size. I have been running an alum rad w/ 1 1/4 tubes for about 9 yrs ------bob

-
Back