Cold Start issue

-

69CudaFan

Reaction score
Okay, so my Barracuda has developed a cold start issue only recently. I suspect that it is the accelerator pump because when I hit the linkage I get no joy from the squirters. If the car sits for 24 hours and I try and start it, it will fire off but not catch, and then NOTHING when I try it again. I popped the hood and I can choke the car manually and get it to start, and then once it is running it seems fine and after it has run for a bit I have no starting issues whatsoever. BTW, engine is a 340 with the stock AVS.

I am buying a Echlin rebuild kit for it from Napa tomorrow BTW. I saw it comes with what looks like a decent set of instructions. Any pointers that I should be aware of? I assume I can do this with the carb on the car...

I also think I am running pig rich right now because of this, or it at least smells like it. I assume this due to the fact that the car should fall on its face when driving and I mash the gas, but it does not.

Am I crazy, or on the right track?

i would pull the carb off and completely go through it. set the floats etc etc. also change the fuel filter and verify you are getting sufficient fuel pressure.

-
Back